wallster

Default made a set of handlebars for my harley

probably wont ever put them on my bike, but they fit and look kinda slick
for
a first stab at making handlebars. Take a looky see at
http://www.geocities.com/weldingwalt/hbars.html
gee, i wonder if paul teatul sr. (american chopper) will hire me? : )
walt

John McGraw

"wallster" wrote in message
probably wont ever put them on my bike, but they fit and look kinda

slick
for
a first stab at making handlebars. Take a looky see at
http://www.geocities.com/weldingwalt/hbars.html
gee, i wonder if paul teatul sr. (american chopper) will hire me? : )
walt

Hay Wallster They look good! Did you reduce the diameter ~6" past the
uprights, for greater strength toward the ctr? And also so regular
grips would fit? Also how did you get that back finish? It looks
better that rattle can flat black. Did U use an acid dip, like some
tools are finished? (Like Allen keys & impact sockets)
I'd thank my lucky stars if Paul Sr wouldn't hire me. If I wanted
constant verbal abuse, I'd go back w/ my EX. He is useless; Jr has all
he talent & does all the work. He's jealous & is just trying to
justify his existence, sitting w/ his feet on the desk. Sr is a master
gamer, playing Mikey & Coby off against Jr. all the time. He does
anything he can do to stir s... up, like having Vinny sweep up in the
middle of the day. I'm not saying that they shouldn't clean up @ the
end of the day like any good shop does. He could just wake up & walk
onto the floor & say, "Ok lets knock it off & go home. Vinny, you put
the scrap in the scrap bucket & sweep up & mt the trash & Paully put
the tools away & lock up everything, while I go & call my hair
stylist. My coif has a lock out of place. Meet ya out front." No need
for all the drama. Jr. is going to have to start his own custom shop,
unless the 'ol man gets a sudden flash of sanity.
Keep It up John
wallster

[...]

John,
I used 1.062"OD pipe on the risers and the center of the bars, then used an
old set of drag bars I cut down for the control sides. I dimpled the bars
under the controls so my wires would fit on the outside of the bar (not a
big fan of internal wiring)
As far as the finish, it's good old flat black spray paint. I painted an old
stainless pair of buckhorns before that way and they have a black soot look
that i think looks pretty cool. As long as i'm careful, scratches and chips
are fairly minimal. (of coarse i could just touch them up when needed) Those
bars were about $20. worth of hardware, metal and paint to make.
No way i could handle taking orders from Paul Sr. (hey and i've been married
for 21 years too!), but that show is fun to watch. I think alot of his
bitchin' is for the cameras though. The hired help is the real talent, Paul
Jr is a good welder (especially tig) but not a genius bike builder (not
knocking the guy) , i'd have to vote for Billy Lane or Jesse James. (there
are many more lesser name guys that are unbelievable too, Jesse Rooke, look
up his work... wow!) I like builders that make the frames, hammer out tins,
design almost the whole bike in house.
Thanks for the comments on the bars, now i just have to find the time to
ride it!
walt

Alan Moore

On Sat, 15 May 2004 18:05:35 -0700, "Lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote:

Why make 'em if'n you aint goin to use 'em?

'Cuz they're for a Harley. Everything's just for show.

Al Moore

wallster

"Alan Moore" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 May 2004 18:05:35 -0700, "Lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote:

Why make 'em if'n you aint goin to use 'em?

'Cuz they're for a Harley. Everything's just for show.

Al Moore

ouch! I knew I should have kept the Triumph, D'OH!
walt

Gunner

On Mon, 17 May 2004 01:52:26 GMT, "TheMan" wrote:

What do dogs and a Harley have in common? They both like to ride in the
back of pickup trucks!

And they both mark their territory.

Gunner

"Alan Moore" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 15 May 2004 18:05:35 -0700, "Lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote:

Why make 'em if'n you aint goin to use 'em?

'Cuz they're for a Harley. Everything's just for show.

Al Moore

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Backlash

Are you guys talking about Hardly Ablesons?

RJ

--
"Have no one say it, and say it to your shame, that all was well here, until
YOU came."

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 May 2004 01:52:26 GMT, "TheMan" wrote:

What do dogs and a Harley have in common? They both like to ride in the
back of pickup trucks!

And they both mark their territory.

Gunner

.. .