Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Allan Adler

Default morse taper

I'm progressing slowly in Gingery's book, The Metal Shaper (#3 in the
Build Your Own Metal Shop From Scrap series, in I'm reading all the books
in order). He says on p.14, as he did in the earlier volume on The Metal
Lathe, that you can get a #1 Morse taper from the Sears tool catalogue.
I ordered the Sears tool catalogue (Craftsman Power and Hand Tools 2004-2005)
and am unable to find any mention of a #1 Morse taper. So maybe things have
changed since he wrote the book.

Which catalogue should I be looking in?

Let me emphasize that I don't actually *need* a #1 Morse taper right now.
At this stage, I'm just reading the books and trying to visualize everything
in them and check certain details. I'm not building anything and don't have
any kind of shop yet.

Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

* *
* Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial *
* Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect *
* in any way on MIT. Moreover, I am nowhere near the Boston *
* metropolitan area. *
* *