Default EMCO V10 lathes for sale

More surplus machine shop equipment in the Texas Panhandle [50 miles
north of Amarillo]. [More stuff to Come]

Our college has determined that the following equipment is surplus to
our foreseeable needs. We want these out of the lab by June 1 so we
don’t have to move to storage.

All sales are final. Payment by cash or certified/cashiers check
only. All machines are sold as is / where is with no guarantee or
warranty of fitness for use for anything. A signed release to that
affect will be required at time of sale.

Both machines are in very good condition, although the paint is slight
scuffed.

We have a 4,000 LB gantry hoist available to assist in loading. We
can arrange for week-end or evening pick-up.

Either machine will easily fit into a pickup or open top trailer.
Lathe only will fit into most any SUV or van but not station wagon.
Lathe with vertical mill attachment will most likely not fit into a
van or SUV without unbolting the milling attachment. This is easily
done, but note the shim locations!

Austrian / European quality at less than PRC prices!!!!!!!!!!

(1) Emco V10 lathe at 500$US

(1) Emco V10 lathe with factory vertical machining attachment at
750$US

Both machines are currently configured for 220V 3-phase 60 cycle
operation.

Machines are mounted on sheet steel stands with storage lockers at
each end. These are the «deep sump» EMCO stands [without the center
drawer] and can be used with coolant.

Machines and stands are factory finished in DIN standard machinery
green.

Standard #2 MT tail stocks, #2 MT in the mill head w/ drawbar
Uses D1-4 chuck mount. Both lathes come complete with a 3 jaw
universal chuck with inside and outside jaws.

We have one draw bar 5C collet set-up for one lathe.

Lathes are later model V10s and do *NOT* have the QC gearbox but use
change gears [standard set included] We understand these are standard
gears and can be purchased from Boston Gear for special pitches,
metric threads, etc. [however many metric and module threads can be
cut with existing gear set.]

Almost all of the original tools and « bitsas » are included.
Photocopy of the factory shop manual for the lathe only [no mill head
manual] is included. Both lathes include square turret tool holder.
Lathe only customer gets home-made adjustable height QC tool holder
similar to one shown in a Lindsey reprint. [Later found to be very
close to the KRF system advertised in HSM.]

Special arbor that uses small double angle collets comes with the
vertical mill attachment, but the collet set goes with the Emco F1 cnc
mill. Advantage is less overhang and less space under the head is
required. End mill holder takes up at least an additional 3 inches.

I purchased several #2 MT end mill holders for my own use with these
machines which are available at very good prices. [These have metric
draw bar threads and use the factory drawbar and jack screws.] I will
also include several special attachments I made to the buyer of the
lathe and mill combination.

Downsides:

Machines are long out of production and parts/accessories can be hard
to locate [translation: expensive]. Blueridge Machinery & Tool is now
the official US supplier for parts for manual Emco machines. I have
found Blueridge easy to deal with and their costs to be reasonable.
[see: http://www.blueridgemachinery.com/pr01.htm for details]

Cross and compound [top] slide screws [not lead screw] are metric
although the graduations on the knobs are in .002 inches on the
diameter. Can be a problem when you go past «zero» or switch between
mill and lathe operation. My solution was to use a dial indicator
with magnetic base and ignore graduations.

Lathes use change gears rather than a QC box. This can be a problem
if speed of setup is important, but change gears are much more
flexible.

These are not production machines, but as long as you keep the loads
down and take your time you can produce fine quality work.

We have no connection with following URLs but they have good pictures,
specifications, etc on both the straight EMCO v10 and the V10 with the
vertical milling attachment.

http://www.skulsky.com/html/1-7003067Z.html

http://www.ab-maschinen.de/GEB/9200205.HTM
This page in German – use babblefish to translate
NB: the V10 lathes we have do NOT have the QC box shown but use change
gears [supplied] Also our machines are DIN green and not hammertone
blue.
Bill Bright

wrote in message
om...
More surplus machine shop equipment in the Texas Panhandle [50 miles
north of Amarillo]. [More stuff to Come]

I am taking a course there at Frank Phillips College. (Borger, TX)
I wish I had the money to buy all their equipment.

I travel from Amarillo to Texarkana, Amarillo to Odessa and Amarillo to
Houston fairly often. If anybody is wanting to buy some equipment and
needs it delivered along one of those routes, let me know. I can offer
reasonable rates.

Or if you cant pick up by the colleges deadline. I can store it for you at
my shop. I will be picking up some equipment that I did buy from the
college, so a bit more wont hurt.