Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Assistance on small metal project? London UK

Hello,

Can anyone point me to a metal shop that could assist me with the
bending of brass channel? I have been beating my head against a wall
trying to bend small (3/8"x3/16") brass channel in a 1/2" radius (the
hard way). I need some professional help at this point.

I have attempted the bending by hand with a wooden jig, wood's metal,
and pitch but seemingly cannot keep the metal from torqueing while I
bend it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

wrote:

Can anyone point me to a metal shop that could assist me with the
bending of brass channel? I have been beating my head against a wall
trying to bend small (3/8"x3/16") brass channel in a 1/2" radius (the
hard way). I need some professional help at this point.

Haven't done square section tubes jet. But I bet I can do it. The only
two problems a
I'd need to make jigs for that section
I'm from Munich, Germany

Nick
--
The modular DRO
Available now in USA / Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ

The channel needs to be fully supported in all directions on both legs
AND the back of the channel while going through the bend area. This is
going to involve some circular slots (probably made from several rings
of suitable dimensions) This is a 3/8" on a 1/2" radius, fairly
difficult so tooling is a must.