Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Re-line a copper kettle?

Does anyone know of somewhere that can re-line copper kettles? I have a
newly bought one I've used to make tea for years and it was orignially
lined with a silver-looking lining to insulate the water from the
copper - the lining is not wearing away and it smells metallic so I
wanted to get it re-lined.

PK

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
9x20lathe

Yep, that is exactly the method used at the annual "Repair Days" in
October at the National Ornamential Metal Museum in Memphes, TN, USA.
On the web at http://www.metalmuseum.org, click on "schedule for 2006".
I'm sure they'd be happy to do it for you.

Hope this helps.

JohnL