Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Micro switch source

Folks,
I spent a good deal of time last night searching online for a source for a
couple BZ-2RD micro switches. No joy, aside from finding them in the UK.
I found BZ-2RD-A2, but they are built different enough that they won't fit
in the allotted space, which is the joy stick of my Sag 12 Graziano. These
switches select forward/reverse, and one has failed.

Anyone have any suggestions where to look? Google just runs me in circles.

Thanks,

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spamno

Folks,
I spent a good deal of time last night searching online for a source for a
couple BZ-2RD micro switches. No joy, aside from finding them in the

UK.
I found BZ-2RD-A2, but they are built different enough that they won't fit
in the allotted space, which is the joy stick of my Sag 12 Graziano.

These
switches select forward/reverse, and one has failed.

Anyone have any suggestions where to look? Google just runs me in

circles.

Thanks,

Harold

I assume you saw those on Mouser for $10 each?
http://tinyurl.com/qr6qy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

"spamno" wrote in message

Folks,
I spent a good deal of time last night searching online for a source for

couple BZ-2RD micro switches. No joy, aside from finding them in the

UK.
I found BZ-2RD-A2, but they are built different enough that they won't

fit
in the allotted space, which is the joy stick of my Sag 12 Graziano.

These
switches select forward/reverse, and one has failed.

Anyone have any suggestions where to look? Google just runs me in

circles.

Thanks,

Harold

I assume you saw those on Mouser for $10 each?
http://tinyurl.com/qr6qy

No good! They're not the right number.

"I found BZ-2RD-A2, but they are built different enough that they won't

fit
in the allotted space,"

Thanks for the tip, though.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spamno

"spamno" wrote in message

[...]

Whenever I can't find the exact part number through my google search, I
watch for alternate part numbers
http://www.eescodirect.com/cultures/...roductId=37731

Then I google those part numbers. That method worked for me just the other
day on some s/s hydraulic fittings. I was quoted $21 each on the primary
part number and I found them for $4.65 each with an alternate number. :-)

I sent out about 20 RFQ and got back maybe 5.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spamno

"spamno" wrote in message

[...]

http://catalog.sensing.honeywell.com....asp?PN=BZ-2RD

http://tinyurl.com/ne89w

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clif Holland

The only difference between the 2 is the connection. The A2 is screw and the
plain is solder.

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand

On Fri, 26 May 2006 10:59:20 -0700, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

Folks,
I spent a good deal of time last night searching online for a source for a
couple BZ-2RD micro switches. No joy, aside from finding them in the UK.
I found BZ-2RD-A2, but they are built different enough that they won't fit
in the allotted space, which is the joy stick of my Sag 12 Graziano. These
switches select forward/reverse, and one has failed.

Anyone have any suggestions where to look? Google just runs me in circles.

Thanks,

Harold

If you need a UK pair of hands/phone/post office, drop me an email.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
snip-----

If you need a UK pair of hands/phone/post office, drop me an email.

Mark Rand
RTFM

Thanks, Mark. Very kind of you to offer.

I'm slowly discovering the problem. The switch I have is old----from a
machine made in '67. I had trouble finding a replacement for an earlier
failure, which was many years ago. I now understand why. In spite of the
fact that the number is still available, the configuration is no longer the
same, although the electrical specs appear to be. Interestingly, the old
number has screw connections, not soldered. The number now has soldered
connections, with the -2 number being screw type.

The old switch has a bottom without any humps, with two of the screw
connections on one end, opposite the plunger, and one on the end with the
plunger. Height of the switch body, from the bottom to the circular pad
that surrounds the plunger, is 13/16", with and additional height of 1/4"
from that pad to the top of the plunger. The drawing for the current model
clearly shows the height that would be 13/16" on the one in my possession to
be .93", for which there is no room. Here's a link that shows the
dimensions.
http://catalog.sensing.honeywell.com...p?PN=BZ-2RD-A2

Ned has provided a link that shows a picture of the style that I need.
While I'm not convinced it would be the old configuration, I'll certainly
give them a go on Tuesday.

To all:

My sincere thanks for your efforts. It's nice to know that when you've
exhausted your resources that others can come to your rescue. I have no
doubt I'll be able to resolve my problem, assuming I can no longer buy the
old configuration. If I must, I'll build a new protective plastic housing
that now restricts the installation of the new design.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
snip-----

[...]

Harold,
I have some NOS switches similar to what you are looking for. One is a
Micro Switch brand BZ-2R104 The others are arrow heart and unimax and have
the newer screw lugs and hum as opposed to the small screws and tabs with a
flat bottom.
They look like the L figure in this link
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/626/1176.pdf only with flat bottom and 2
screws on one end one on the other. One has the roller arm as in M but it
also has the hump on the screw side. I probably have others around just
like the ones you need but they are deeper in the boxes They were
benchstock for equipment that was replaced 20 years ago. If you need them
or think they may be made to work I would be happy to send em to ya.
Glenn
Medford, OR

Light switch problem John Home Repair 5 April 2nd 06 02:59 PM
Anyone, Advice please - another electrical light switch puzzle thingŠ wilma harrington Home Repair 11 February 19th 06 02:19 PM
Incorrectly wired a three way switch? miamicuse Home Repair 8 November 9th 05 02:43 AM
3 way switch disaster (long but interesting) RB Home Repair 8 July 23rd 04 02:18 PM
kenmore 90 series washer - lid switch removal secrets (for changing it)? bill yohler Home Repair 2 March 13th 04 04:19 PM