Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dave

Default "auto-breakoff" head screws, or HUGE pop rivets?

looking for a mechanical method to attach sheet metal to thick steel
without welding, drilling, or tapping. preferably leaving behind
tamper-proof (or 'nearly so') heads. what's a guy ask for when he wants
a self-drilling, self-threading machine bolts that have heads on them
that snap off after a certain torque is reached?

alternately, are there bolts made (just like above) except they'd have
TWO heads 'stacked' in an hourglass-like config, so that I'd have to CUT
their uppper heads off with my cutoff wheel, manually? (which'd be
perfectly fine with me)

alternately, what's the biggest diameter pop-rivet that can be 'manually
popped'? I mean like for which a tool that's "fairly readily available"
new -or- used?

thanks guys,

toolie

Adjusting audio head on Pana NV-9100 U-Matic Wild Bill Electronics Repair 0 June 12th 04 01:41 AM
BP Round Ram J Head Adapter? dka Metalworking 1 March 17th 04 04:40 AM
Countersunk screw-head diameter and angle Jim Metalworking 17 March 8th 04 09:45 PM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM