Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default Ping Las Vegas

I know there are a couple of guys in here from Vegas, and maybe a couple
around here, like Gunner.

Anyone have any welded bar grating? I need to make a handicap ramp at my
cabin, and I think that stuff would work great, as the elements would fall
through.

I need about 100' length, and 36" wide. Will drive a ways to pick up.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Sun, 21 May 2006 20:46:40 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I know there are a couple of guys in here from Vegas, and maybe a couple
around here, like Gunner.

Anyone have any welded bar grating? I need to make a handicap ramp at my
cabin, and I think that stuff would work great, as the elements would fall
through.

I need about 100' length, and 36" wide. Will drive a ways to pick up.

Steve

If you can make it to La Habra (near Brea)..Lambert Rd a couple miles
off the 57 freeway in So.Cal..Unicorn Metals has a ****load of it, and
I can get you a brother-in-law price. Ask for Rito, tell him the
Cowboy from Bakersfield sent you.

I can ask him this week how much 100' would cost, and twist his arm
before he quotes G

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

news
wrote:

I know there are a couple of guys in here from Vegas, and maybe a couple
around here, like Gunner.

Anyone have any welded bar grating? I need to make a handicap ramp at my
cabin, and I think that stuff would work great, as the elements would fall
through.

I need about 100' length, and 36" wide. Will drive a ways to pick up.

Steve

If you can make it to La Habra (near Brea)..Lambert Rd a couple miles
off the 57 freeway in So.Cal..Unicorn Metals has a ****load of it, and
I can get you a brother-in-law price. Ask for Rito, tell him the
Cowboy from Bakersfield sent you.

I can ask him this week how much 100' would cost, and twist his arm
before he quotes G

Gunner

Well, I have a starting point. My local supplier quotes $12 per square foot
galvanized in 3 x 10 foot pieces.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper

wrote:

I know there are a couple of guys in here from Vegas, and maybe a couple
around here, like Gunner.

Anyone have any welded bar grating? I need to make a handicap ramp at my
cabin, and I think that stuff would work great, as the elements would fall
through.

I need about 100' length, and 36" wide. Will drive a ways to pick up.

Steve

100' ! Nope, haven't seen any. Take a picture of some and give it to
the recycling place as wanted.

Ran into a bunch of big wooden beams that nobody seems to want the
other day while unsuccessfully hunting for metal rems.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 22 May 2006 13:35:15 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

news
wrote:

[...]

Last piece I bought..for a welding table for a buddy..was for a 3x6'
piece..$15. I think I can do better in volume.

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 May 2006 13:35:15 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

news
wrote:

[...]

That's definitely worth the drive. And if I do drive down there, I shall
stop by for lunch, or to drop off a token of my appreciation.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

On Mon, 22 May 2006 20:30:08 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 May 2006 13:35:15 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
news On Sun, 21 May 2006 20:46:40 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

[...]

And pick up a couple of pets.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 22 May 2006 20:30:08 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Ill talk to Rito this week. Wheel chair ramp? Hummm the bars IRRC are
welded lengthwise, not side to side on these. Might have a wheel fall
in the 1" gap. But Ill double check and take a photo.

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Tue, 23 May 2006 01:36:34 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Mon, 22 May 2006 20:30:08 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

damn Gerry..you ruined a perfectly good kitten ambush...

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Gunner" wrote

Ill talk to Rito this week. Wheel chair ramp? Hummm the bars IRRC are
welded lengthwise, not side to side on these. Might have a wheel fall
in the 1" gap. But Ill double check and take a photo.

Gunner

That's a big consideration. I hadn't thought of that. I've seen photos,
but they're only of small areas, and you can't tell if it runs the long or
short way. If all else fails, I could just cut a bunch and put them
transverse.

Has anyone else done any of this work with this type of material? I saw a
ton of it offshore on the drilling rigs, and it is tough stuff. I thought
it would be perfect, as the snow would go through it mostly, or be able to
be knocked off. It sure looks more feasible than wood for durability and
traction. I know I could put nonskid on wood, but the wood would remain wet
for months, not a good thing for wood.

Steve

Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM
Anyone want FREE Mulberry wood in Las Vegas, NV? Brent Woodturning 2 May 4th 06 05:37 AM
Ping pong table top Yao Woodworking 5 April 4th 06 05:39 AM
AWFS in Vegas anyone SonomaProducts.com Woodworking 4 July 19th 05 05:40 PM
Woodworking stuff to do in Las Vegas? Jim Martin Woodworking 18 November 2nd 03 01:38 PM