Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
LoLeCo

Default Kitchen Vent Hood

How can I go about making my own vent hood for the kitchen? I need to
know what parts I need and where to get them if anyone can help. Also
if there are any plans out there for one, it would be great.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
nospam

"LoLeCo" wrote in message
How can I go about making my own vent hood for the kitchen? I need to
know what parts I need and where to get them if anyone can help. Also
if there are any plans out there for one, it would be great.

I've not seen any plans, but here's how I'd do it. I'd go to see other fan
hoods like the kitchen 'mockups' at Lowes, and Home Depot. Take your tape
measure and sketch pad. Look close and you'll see how they are made (pretty
simple). Then compare what's available to what you need. Adjust the size of
your sketch to suit your needs. Then I'd sheer and brake the sheet metal or
go to a sheet metal shop to have it done. Add the finish, fan, light, and
venting.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Old Guy

I'm doing the same thing. Here's the tray and the fan part..... you
add the surrounding wood.
http://www.kitchensource.com/range-h...ventilator.htm

Ed