Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
HotRod

Default water jet cutting?

IS there anywhere that someone can point me to for used water jet cutting
(flow jets)? What should I be using as a google search. I'm looking for a
smaller water jet / cnc cutting table and am wondering if my budget is
realistic. THANKS

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

There are often people buying and selling used waterjets at the
[waterjets] Yahoo discussion group.

See: http://www.waterjets.org/egroup.html

I would suggest posting a "Wanted: Used Waterjet" message there.

In terms of a Google Search, I would search for "Used Waterjets"

I would also contact the various manufactuerers of machines, and see if
they have used equipment. For example, at OMAX, where I work, we often
have used machines available of various brands that came in as
trade-ins.

You can also sometimes, if you are lucky and time things right, get
good deals on relatively new equipment, if you work it right. For
example, distributors often want to trade out their demonstration
machines, and manufacturers are always eager to save on shipping by not
having to ship their machines back to the factory after tradeshows.

You might also find the buyers guide and other information that I put
together to be useful. See: http://www.waterjets.org

Hope this helps,

Carl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
nospam

wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

And (to further Carl's good advice) I'd go talk to some local 'Water Jet
Companies' to discuss what they do with the old machines when they upgrade.
This may give you a look into where the old machines go.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

There are a couple of good online dealer sites- they both may have a
few used ones.
Here is one- at www.locatoronline.com
http://www.locatoronline.com/machine...RUE&umcc=W0760

Another one to check is www.machinetools.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
nospam

"HotRod" wrote in message
Ideas how I would track down local waterjet companies?

Yellow pages under CNC Machine, or Machine Shops, or ask at the Auto Parts
Store.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Grimm

maybe things are different where you are. here, I doubt if anybody at the
parts store knowsw what a waterjet is.