ROBB

Default Steel targets or alternatives ?

The metal target's composition depends on the bullet composition .
I still have a set of 5 targets made from 1 X 2 al. barstock.
They were 5 in long and were cut to look like a rat in profile .

This was shot at 33 feet on the same steel tables used for bowling
pin shoots. The course was timed for all 5 rats to clear the table.
I was using either a High Standard Citation, or a Victor from a holster.
K Mart supplied the ammunition CHEEP .

The targets were best hit solid as if the rat wound up laying on end,
1 X 2 makes a smallish target for fast shooting .
This course was for my own pleasure and was called - are you ready ?

The 10 Meter Combat Rat Course.

I wore Good tinted lens safety glasses for eye protection.
Necco Wafers and Ritz Crackers make good targets and are bio degradable.

ROBB
Gunner

On 5 Apr 2004 22:49:16 -0700, (ROBB) wrote:

The metal target's composition depends on the bullet composition .
I still have a set of 5 targets made from 1 X 2 al. barstock.
They were 5 in long and were cut to look like a rat in profile .

This was shot at 33 feet on the same steel tables used for bowling
pin shoots. The course was timed for all 5 rats to clear the table.
I was using either a High Standard Citation, or a Victor from a holster.
K Mart supplied the ammunition CHEEP .

The targets were best hit solid as if the rat wound up laying on end,
1 X 2 makes a smallish target for fast shooting .
This course was for my own pleasure and was called - are you ready ?

The 10 Meter Combat Rat Course.

I wore Good tinted lens safety glasses for eye protection.
Necco Wafers and Ritz Crackers make good targets and are bio degradable.

ROBB

G Cool!

Try oyster crackers. They are a bit smaller. Use "chese in a can" to
stick em to the paper.

Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the
nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding
fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although
it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave
rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the
Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic
civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to
participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the
Second Amendment will always be important."
-- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Steel targets SRF Metalworking 14 April 11th 04 01:58 AM
Old Steel - New Steel Jim Stewart Metalworking 29 April 5th 04 09:24 PM
Bench Vise Questions (Steel vs. Iron) x Metalworking 2 September 1st 03 04:50 PM
Plastering onto steel Frank Z UK diy 9 July 31st 03 01:18 PM