Marty Escarcega

Default Anyone recognize this Drill Bit Sharpener?

Posted a several pictures on the Chaski Home Machinist Site, maybe someone
can help identify what it is?
http://tinyurl.com/2emcf
axolotl

Marty Escarcega wrote:
Posted a several pictures on the Chaski Home Machinist Site, maybe someone
can help identify what it is?

It is a Rockwell 1296 drill grinding attachment.

Kevin Gallimore

Brian Lawson

Hey Marty,

Looks suspiciously like a gun-drill bit sharpener.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:48:14 GMT, Marty Escarcega
wrote:

Posted a several pictures on the Chaski Home Machinist Site, maybe someone
can help identify what it is?
http://tinyurl.com/2emcf

Marty Escarcega

axolotl wrote in
:

Marty Escarcega wrote:
Posted a several pictures on the Chaski Home Machinist Site, maybe
someone can help identify what it is?

It is a Rockwell 1296 drill grinding attachment.

Kevin Gallimore

Indeed it is. Had an offer from a fellow to send me the "easy to follow
directions" too!

Gawd I love the Internet!
:-)

Thanks guys..
Marty
axolotl

Marty Escarcega wrote:

Indeed it is. Had an offer from a fellow to send me the "easy to follow
directions" too!

And the reason I knew is because a gentleman in this group was kind
enough to send a copy to me. The folks here have been more than generous
to me with their knowlege and assistance. The ability to make a
community out of a bunch of geographically and culturally diverse
(there's that word) people is one of the benefits of technology. I'm
thinking of my friend Jim. Jim was a genius who had done everything and
had a stack of patents two inches thick, including one for the switch
debounce circuit in the keyboard I'm pounding right now. Jim retired to
Florida. I'd call him up. He would complain that there was no one to
talk to that understood anything of a technical nature. He had worked
with tech types all his life. After retirement and moving he was in
another world. This group would have been a Godsend to him.

Kevin Gallimore