Arian

Default ECM

I'm a student of manufacturing engineering in the last term. My
graduating
project is about ECM. So, I'm gathering information about the
electrochemical machines.
I need to find some information such as proper ECM machine, power
supply,
process parameter control system, and electrolyte preparation, feed
and
purification system and the other practical and experimental
information.
Therefore, if possible please assist me in the mentioned subjects.

If you are aware of companies with ECM technology and / or aware of
application ECM is being applied please respond.
Ed Huntress

"Arian" wrote in message
om...
I'm a student of manufacturing engineering in the last term. My
graduating
project is about ECM. So, I'm gathering information about the
electrochemical machines.
I need to find some information such as proper ECM machine, power
supply,
process parameter control system, and electrolyte preparation, feed
and
purification system and the other practical and experimental
information.
Therefore, if possible please assist me in the mentioned subjects.

If you are aware of companies with ECM technology and / or aware of
application ECM is being applied please respond.

ECM applications are very limited today. It may still be used to machine the
cooling passages in gas-turbine blades, which once was a major ECM
application. Much, or all, of that work was replaced by EDM over 20 years
ago.

There appears to be some use of ECM in aerospace. You may want to contact
Winbro Group Technologies in the UK, who make an ECM machine. Their website
is http://www.mjt.uk.com/.

Good luck.

Ed Huntress

Lewis Hartswick

Arian wrote:
I'm a student of manufacturing engineering in the last term. My
graduating
project is about ECM. So, I'm gathering information about the
electrochemical machines.
I need to find some information such as proper ECM machine, power
supply,
process parameter control system, and electrolyte preparation, feed
and
purification system and the other practical and experimental
information.
Therefore, if possible please assist me in the mentioned subjects.

If you are aware of companies with ECM technology and / or aware of
application ECM is being applied please respond.

To a lot of us in electronics ECM means Electronic counter measures.
When using an abreviation the first time in any writing you
should spell it out. ???
...lew...

David Billington

I believe that ECM was used to make the one piece main upper surface on
747 wings. I saw one in the Boeing Wichita plant back in about 1982 on a
tour. Don't know if its still used. I think also I have seen that Rolls
Royce have used it for forming turbine blades in the UK.

Arian wrote:

I'm a student of manufacturing engineering in the last term. My
graduating
project is about ECM. So, I'm gathering information about the
electrochemical machines.
I need to find some information such as proper ECM machine, power
supply,
process parameter control system, and electrolyte preparation, feed
and
purification system and the other practical and experimental
information.
Therefore, if possible please assist me in the mentioned subjects.

If you are aware of companies with ECM technology and / or aware of
application ECM is being applied please respond.

Ian Stirling

Lewis Hartswick wrote:
Arian wrote:
I'm a student of manufacturing engineering in the last term. My

snip
To a lot of us in electronics ECM means Electronic counter measures.
When using an abreviation the first time in any writing you
should spell it out. ???

Electro-Chemical Machining.
Using an electrode and an electrolyte to remove metal from a workpiece.