Ed Huntress

Default ECM

"Arian" wrote in message
om...
I'm a student of manufacturing engineering in the last term. My
graduating
project is about ECM. So, I'm gathering information about the
electrochemical machines.
I need to find some information such as proper ECM machine, power
supply,
process parameter control system, and electrolyte preparation, feed
and
purification system and the other practical and experimental
information.
Therefore, if possible please assist me in the mentioned subjects.

If you are aware of companies with ECM technology and / or aware of
application ECM is being applied please respond.

ECM applications are very limited today. It may still be used to machine the
cooling passages in gas-turbine blades, which once was a major ECM
application. Much, or all, of that work was replaced by EDM over 20 years
ago.

There appears to be some use of ECM in aerospace. You may want to contact
Winbro Group Technologies in the UK, who make an ECM machine. Their website
is http://www.mjt.uk.com/.

Good luck.

Ed Huntress