Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland

Default Experience with Grizzly H7506 Horizontal/Vertical Rotary IndexingTable with Chuck?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/h7506

I have been looking for a rotary table to use with my Sieg X3. I might
have found a decent solution, one where I don't have to add a chuck on
top of the table. Instead, you can switch between the chuck and a T-slot
table.

The chuck looks to be 6", the T-slot table is an 8". I have sent a note
to Grizzly for a copy of the user's manual [if one exists].

Anyone use one?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I use a plain old grizzly 8",
http://www.grizzly.com/products/g9298
and a little grizzly 4" chuck
http://www.grizzly.com/products/g9829

Lots cheaper, more versatile, as the one you are talking about is
really tall in the horizontal mode.
they say it changes in "minutes"- well so does mine- I need to indicate
it in, but that only takes a minute or two.

I guess if the speed of changeover is your major consideration, then
this is the ticket, but for size, price, and versitility, it seems like
an ordinary rotary table is better.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

A friend pointed out that he rarely uses his large rotary table
because he can't lift it by himself. How heavy is this one?

wrote:
I use a plain old grizzly 8",
http://www.grizzly.com/products/g9298
and a little grizzly 4" chuck
http://www.grizzly.com/products/g9829

Lots cheaper, more versatile, as the one you are talking about is
really tall in the horizontal mode.
they say it changes in "minutes"- well so does mine- I need to indicate
it in, but that only takes a minute or two.

I guess if the speed of changeover is your major consideration, then
this is the ticket, but for size, price, and versitility, it seems like
an ordinary rotary table is better.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland

128 pounds. I'd be happy with a 6" table, but the H7506 has both a
chuck AND a T-slot table.

Grizzly can't tell me what the maximum load is for the Sieg X3, so I
don't know if their recommendation of their 4" table is CYA. I don't
know what their recommended max load is, so I'm in the dark as to what I
can put on it.