Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark Morin

Default Grizzly Combo Disc / Spindle Sander Experience?

Anyone with experience with the Grizzly G0529 Disc and Spindle Sander?
http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0529

I've been looking for a disc sander and was ready to buy the Jet JDS-12B 12"
disc only and continue using my drill press for spindle sanding but this
looks like a nice combo. I don't want a belt sander.

Looking at the pictures and specs of the unit, the only items I question are
the 2" dust collection ports and disc table supports.

-- Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:31:39 -0700, "Mark Morin"
wrote:

Anyone with experience with the Grizzly G0529 Disc and Spindle Sander?
http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0529

I've been looking for a disc sander and was ready to buy the Jet JDS-12B 12"
disc only and continue using my drill press for spindle sanding but this
looks like a nice combo. I don't want a belt sander.

Looking at the pictures and specs of the unit, the only items I question are
the 2" dust collection ports and disc table supports.

The one thing, i think pointed out in an amazon review, was that the
tables for the two are at different levels, so the disc sander is at a
low height. I have my spindle sander up pretty high which I find to
work fine, so you might be able to raise up the whole unit if that's
an issue.

I'm quite happy with my Wilton spindle sander, same as the Grizzly
G0538. It's a cheap alternative, and even though it's all plastic and
laminate it's got plenty of power and gotta be better than the drill
press. It's also light enough to be put away and taken out when
needed.

-Leuf