Dan Buckman

Default free milling machine

Free to good home
or if you want to cover me for what I paid for it $100 (totaly optional)

Van Norman #10 milling machine.
This is the old forebarer of the vn12 just a little smaller and weighing in
at maybe 1400 lb.
Head swivels horrizontal to verticle and takes the same v5 tooling as the
van norman 12
Head uses tapered sleve bearings so top end rpm is limited.
Was orrigonaly set up for line shaft drive but has the motor conversion.

realy neet little mill in very good shape, and in my way.

Will load first taker.

If you want a picture John Kasunich put it on his van norman milling machine
web page (history)

http://home.att.net/~JEKasunich/vann...VN_History.htm

775 Geigle Hill road
Ottsville PA 18942

(southeast pennsylvania)
610-847-8873

Last time I tried to make a post it never showed up, Hope it works this
time, may be something wrong with my news reader.

Artemia Salina

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:07:11 +0000, Dan Buckman wrote:

Free to good home
or if you want to cover me for what I paid for it $100 (totaly optional)

Van Norman #10 milling machine.

If you want a picture John Kasunich put it on his van norman milling machine
web page (history)

http://home.att.net/~JEKasunich/vann...VN_History.htm

Van Normans are beautiful machines, IMO. I have a Hardinge with a vertical
head. I never use the head because it's such a pain to mount. Van Norman
seems to have solved that problem with their swiveling horizontal/vertical
head design. Must be a very versatile machine.

What's the third handwheel for? I see the x-axis ball crank and then three
handwheels. Is one of them associated with the swiveling head?

--
"Please God, help me cleanse the computer of viruses and evil photographs
that disturb and ruin my work ..., so that I shall be able to cleanse

axolotl

Dan Buckman wrote:
Free to good home
or if you want to cover me for what I paid for it $100 (totaly optional)

Van Norman #10 milling machine.

I am beginning to empathize with Jimmy Carter. I have lust in my heart.
Anyone know of a reasonable rigger that goes from Pennsylvania to the
Jersey Shore?

Kevin Gallimore

Dan Buckman

The third hand wheel is for a rappid traverse.
If I recall one revolution is = to 3 turns of the x feed handle.

I also seem to remember it has backlash adjustment on the y as well as the x
feed screw, though I won't swear to that from here,

prety little mill that kind of makes you feel warm and fuzzy just looking at
it. You walk by it and you can't resist just turning some wheel or other.
About the only mill I've seen you might want to sit in your parler.

Got no room in my life for that sort of thing.

"Artemia Salina" wrote in message
news
[...]

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

clare @ snyder.on .ca

"axolotl" wrote in message
Dan Buckman wrote:
Free to good home
or if you want to cover me for what I paid for it $100 (totaly optional)

Van Norman #10 milling machine.

I am beginning to empathize with Jimmy Carter. I have lust in my heart.
Anyone know of a reasonable rigger that goes from Pennsylvania to the
Jersey Shore?

Kevin Gallimore

I'd be down for it tomorrow if it were not for 2 things. 10 or more
hours each way.
Dan Buckman

Many many years ago I drove alot furter than that to just to see a girl.
I know it's not much as mills go, but mills are something you can actually
use.

Not only that but they require no care when your not useing them.
Don't get too jelous when your using a different mill.

Girls girls a marvolus thing
All she wants is a diamond ring.

Mills mills the joys they bring
Work so well they make you sing.