Artemia Salina

Default free milling machine

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:07:11 +0000, Dan Buckman wrote:

Free to good home
or if you want to cover me for what I paid for it $100 (totaly optional)

Van Norman #10 milling machine.

If you want a picture John Kasunich put it on his van norman milling machine
web page (history)

http://home.att.net/~JEKasunich/vann...VN_History.htm

Van Normans are beautiful machines, IMO. I have a Hardinge with a vertical
head. I never use the head because it's such a pain to mount. Van Norman
seems to have solved that problem with their swiveling horizontal/vertical
head design. Must be a very versatile machine.

What's the third handwheel for? I see the x-axis ball crank and then three
handwheels. Is one of them associated with the swiveling head?

--
"Please God, help me cleanse the computer of viruses and evil photographs
that disturb and ruin my work ..., so that I shall be able to cleanse