Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Smith

Default Pos-E-Touch DRO help needed (Heidenhain)

The DRO X axis works, the Y axis does nothing. All I've done so far is
swap the sensors--it looks like the problem is in the Y sensor rather
than in the main DRO box.

Does anyone have info on the Pos-E-Touch DRO? A manual would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Steve
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Grimm

If the problem is with the sensor...

recent experience has shown me that while your HH linear encoder's read hed
is guided by rollers, if the head is too far out of alignment, it won't send
a reliable pulsetrain.

"Steve Smith" wrote in message

The DRO X axis works, the Y axis does nothing. All I've done so far is
swap the sensors--it looks like the problem is in the Y sensor rather than
in the main DRO box.

Does anyone have info on the Pos-E-Touch DRO? A manual would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Smith

Thanks Jon. I took the sensor apart tonight, nothing obvious. Tomorrow
I'll get some light on it and see what's what.

Anyone have a manual on the DRO?

Steve