Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend

Default Square D Q0 vs. Q0B circuit breakers

I just bought a 3 phase Square D load center off Ebay. It takes Q0 style
breakers.

I'm now looking for circuit breakers to fill the box. I'm seeing both Q0
and Q0B type square D breakers. One auction implies they are the same thing.
What's the story, same or different?

--
(©¿©) An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Two apples a day gets the doctor's OK.

Karl Townsend

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Karl Townsend wrote:

I just bought a 3 phase Square D load center off Ebay. It takes Q0 style
breakers.

I'm now looking for circuit breakers to fill the box. I'm seeing both Q0
and Q0B type square D breakers. One auction implies they are the same thing.
What's the story, same or different?

--
(©¿©) An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Two apples a day gets the doctor's OK.
Five a day makes you a fruit grower like me.

Karl Townsend

Vastly different. QO is the push-on style bus connection, QOB is bolt on
style buss connection. They are not even remotely close to
interchangeable. You will also only find QOB breakers at an electrical
supply house as opposed to QO which are readily available everywhere.

Pete C.

(Who just installed two new QO panels at home)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

On Thu, 04 May 2006 02:09:25 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT wrote:

I just bought a 3 phase Square D load center off Ebay. It takes Q0 style
breakers.

I'm now looking for circuit breakers to fill the box. I'm seeing both Q0
and Q0B type square D breakers. One auction implies they are the same thing.
What's the story, same or different?

I dunno about Q0 vs QOB, but what is the state of apple blossom scent
in Dassel, MN? Is it sniffin' time yet?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend

I dunno about Q0 vs QOB, but what is the state of apple blossom scent
in Dassel, MN? Is it sniffin' time yet?

You Betcha. Bit cold today for that overwhelming aroma of millions of
blossoms but the trees are looking good.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You Betcha. Bit cold today for that overwhelming aroma of millions of
blossoms but the trees are looking good.

Reminds me of years past. I grew up in Lake County, FL and took care of
the family citrus groves up until the freezes of early/mid 80's. All
you could see for miles was green covered hills with a white tint of
orange blossems. Never have had the pleasure of experiencing apple
blossoms like this.
Bill