DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Square D Q0 vs. Q0B circuit breakers (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/156092-square-d-q0-vs-q0b-circuit-breakers.html)

Karl Townsend May 4th 06 03:09 AM

Square D Q0 vs. Q0B circuit breakers

I just bought a 3 phase Square D load center off Ebay. It takes Q0 style
breakers.

I'm now looking for circuit breakers to fill the box. I'm seeing both Q0
and Q0B type square D breakers. One auction implies they are the same thing.
What's the story, same or different?

--
(©¿©) An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Two apples a day gets the doctor's OK.

Karl Townsend

Pete C. May 4th 06 04:15 AM

Karl Townsend wrote:

I just bought a 3 phase Square D load center off Ebay. It takes Q0 style
breakers.

I'm now looking for circuit breakers to fill the box. I'm seeing both Q0
and Q0B type square D breakers. One auction implies they are the same thing.
What's the story, same or different?

--
(©¿©) An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Two apples a day gets the doctor's OK.
Five a day makes you a fruit grower like me.

Karl Townsend

Vastly different. QO is the push-on style bus connection, QOB is bolt on
style buss connection. They are not even remotely close to
interchangeable. You will also only find QOB breakers at an electrical
supply house as opposed to QO which are readily available everywhere.

Pete C.

(Who just installed two new QO panels at home)

Don Foreman May 4th 06 07:20 AM

Square D Q0 vs. Q0B circuit breakers

On Thu, 04 May 2006 02:09:25 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT wrote:

I just bought a 3 phase Square D load center off Ebay. It takes Q0 style
breakers.

I'm now looking for circuit breakers to fill the box. I'm seeing both Q0
and Q0B type square D breakers. One auction implies they are the same thing.
What's the story, same or different?

I dunno about Q0 vs QOB, but what is the state of apple blossom scent
in Dassel, MN? Is it sniffin' time yet?

Karl Townsend May 4th 06 01:15 PM

Square D Q0 vs. Q0B circuit breakers

I dunno about Q0 vs QOB, but what is the state of apple blossom scent
in Dassel, MN? Is it sniffin' time yet?

You Betcha. Bit cold today for that overwhelming aroma of millions of
blossoms but the trees are looking good.

Karl

[email protected] May 4th 06 06:38 PM

Square D Q0 vs. Q0B circuit breakers

You Betcha. Bit cold today for that overwhelming aroma of millions of
blossoms but the trees are looking good.

Reminds me of years past. I grew up in Lake County, FL and took care of
the family citrus groves up until the freezes of early/mid 80's. All
you could see for miles was green covered hills with a white tint of
orange blossems. Never have had the pleasure of experiencing apple
blossoms like this.
Bill