brownnsharp

Default Old Kennedy Toolbox

I've got an old Kennedy toolbox which badly needs to be disassembled,
straightened, sandblasted lightly and painted. And I can't figure out
how to get the drawers out. My more recent box (circa 30 years old)
has simple spring catches visible on the drawer slided. This old box
has only rivets showing. There must be a catch somewhere, but I can't
seem to find it. I figure the box is 1950ish from the tools in it.

Anybody know the secret latching trick? Surely the drawers weren't
riveted on the slides to never be removed...
Jack Dannenberg

My Kennedy, 20-30 years old, toolbox came with spring steel strips that slid
between the drawer and the slide. With these in place the drawer will slide
out of the slides.
JackD.

om...