Brian Lawson

Default Old Kennedy Toolbox

Can't help with the drawer keepers, but be careful with sand-blasting,
as it can warp the metal very easily.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On 13 Mar 2004 15:43:33 -0800, (brownnsharp) wrote:

I've got an old Kennedy toolbox which badly needs to be disassembled,
straightened, sandblasted lightly and painted. And I can't figure out
how to get the drawers out. My more recent box (circa 30 years old)
has simple spring catches visible on the drawer slided. This old box
has only rivets showing. There must be a catch somewhere, but I can't
seem to find it. I figure the box is 1950ish from the tools in it.

Anybody know the secret latching trick? Surely the drawers weren't
riveted on the slides to never be removed...