Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default New website for Eastburn

Well I finally broke down and created one - to reduce the cost of adds -
Now a small one with a www inside opens more business.

Let me know how you like it - inputs - have gotten one - positive -
but still adding to it and enhancing.

Getting more and more complex.

http://lufkinced.com/

That is for Lufkin (Texas) Cutting Edge Design LLC.

I see a few pages that need 'back' pointer help - but it is functional - but missing
lots of things.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ

Nice clean design, easy to read. As a buyer one thing I like to see is
some evidence that you are real: things like a physical address,
pictures of the machines, etc. Makes me more comfortable sending you money.

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

Well I finally broke down and created one - to reduce the cost of adds -
Now a small one with a www inside opens more business.

Let me know how you like it - inputs - have gotten one - positive -
but still adding to it and enhancing.

Getting more and more complex.

http://lufkinced.com/

That is for Lufkin (Texas) Cutting Edge Design LLC.

I see a few pages that need 'back' pointer help - but it is functional -
but missing
lots of things.

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 01 May 2006 21:53:36 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Martin H. Eastburn" quickly quoth:

Well I finally broke down and created one - to reduce the cost of adds -
Now a small one with a www inside opens more business.

Let me know how you like it - inputs - have gotten one - positive -
but still adding to it and enhancing.

Getting more and more complex.

Man, that takes me back. I last saw yelonblu screens on a 1200baud
BBS, Martin. g

http://lufkinced.com/

That is for Lufkin (Texas) Cutting Edge Design LLC.

I see a few pages that need 'back' pointer help - but it is functional - but missing
lots of things.

Some padding in your tables would really increase readability if you
want to keep that color scheme.

Isn't "tensil" supposed to have an "e" on the end? Tensile strength.
"Arc's" shouldn't have an apostrophe.
Lose the () on the s for giraffes and longhorns.

Have you read the new book "What Would Machiavelli Do?"
----------------------------
http://diversify.com Dynamic, Interactive Websites!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Engelhardt

Nicely formatted and organized - easy to read, as oyhers have said. I
think that I would prefer some redundancy in the links (i.e., not
strictly hierarchical). There are few enough pages that you could have
a complete set of links on every page, in that upper left box that is
already on all(?) pages. It's easier to browse that way.

As to content, I would like to see some examples of pricing, in addition
to the targets. For example, prices for the samples you show in
"Mechanical & Others". And/or some idea of your pricing model.

Nit piocking: a few "page titles" are missing. "Sand dollar" is 2 words.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

Let me know how you like it - inputs - have gotten one - positive -
but still adding to it and enhancing.

Is that "Aboutus" on the first page a brother of "Brutus"? Maybe the
elder one? Mom and dad started with A, going to B than, at C, they
decided to change that pattern. Citrus would have been too ... sour.

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

I'll have to look at that funky code - might be possible to change font..
Code is hidden in a java implant code - but I'll look at it and thanks!

Constant changing is the facts...

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

xray wrote:
On Tue, 02 May 2006 10:34:55 -0400, Brian Lawson
wrote:

On Mon, 01 May 2006 21:53:36 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

Well I finally broke down and created one - to reduce the cost of adds -
Now a small one with a www inside opens more business.

Let me know how you like it - inputs - have gotten one - positive -
but still adding to it and enhancing.

http://lufkinced.com/

That is for Lufkin (Texas) Cutting Edge Design LLC.

Martin

Nice and plain, EASY to read.

I agree it looks good but there is one issue where it is not easy to
read.

On the two bottom links in left column, the text overlays the graphics
making it hard to read. Maybe you could put a break (br) in the text to
put it on two lines and make it narrower.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Thanks larry - 1200 baud - that sucks - I had 120 and 300 audio and hardwire TTY.
I'll have to check the spelling - spell check is only with a computer. :-)

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Ok - Page titles are a real pain - I'm using a 'tool' that is 90% there - better than most,
but misses a few things and picks up others nicely.

The counter drives me nuts - different numbers shown on different computers but the counter
is on the web computer. I think the version of java might be some of that. Each computer
has a slightly different version.

Martin

Thanks for the points.

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Nicely formatted and organized - easy to read, as oyhers have said. I
think that I would prefer some redundancy in the links (i.e., not
strictly hierarchical). There are few enough pages that you could have
a complete set of links on every page, in that upper left box that is
already on all(?) pages. It's easier to browse that way.

As to content, I would like to see some examples of pricing, in addition
to the targets. For example, prices for the samples you show in
"Mechanical & Others". And/or some idea of your pricing model.

Nit piocking: a few "page titles" are missing. "Sand dollar" is 2 words.

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

The labels Aboutus and Contactus were pre-made software engineer whoops. Likely
some of those that don't believe in the two spaces between sentences. I modified them
today as well.

Added some changed others and ... took a lot of hints. Have lots more work to do -
the object was to get the targets up and out there - the other stuff was fluff and
work in progress.