Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Silver metal prices

Anyone know where I can get the best prices in silver for metal working
as I may have a future business about to start up working with silver.

Thanks

Mabon Dane

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:16:22 GMT, Ignoramus22287 wrote:
A few years ago, I bought silver in form of six 100 oz bars from
Kitco. For 5.72 an ounce, which was not very much above the spot price
then, I think that it was 5.55 or some such.

Good timing.

So, I can recommend them for bar purchases. Kitco.com.

I use their charts and if I ever do buy in quantity, I'll probably order
from there. Good to know someone I know and trust has dealt with them
directly, thank you.

(for wannabe robbers, even though I still keep the bars, I do not have
these bars at home, they are in a bank's safe deposit box. The most
valuable commodity that I have at home is ammunition)

Excellent...

Therefore, as the existing supply of above ground silver is limited, a
new equilibrium would need to be established at a higher price, and it
could be considerably higher than the prices that previously
prevailed.

That's what I'm hoping for. Not betting grocery money on it, but a
little here, a little there, pretty soon it adds up. (note to robbers,
mine is in a vault as well so don't bother here either).

Silver has enjoyed a decent increase in price recently, but it does
not appear that the imbalance between its use and production has
changed considerably.

Exactly. Also, from what I understand, China is buying quite a bit of
it because their demand far outstrips domestic supply. Unless you
expect China's industrial ramp-up to reverse any time soon, I think it's
safe to think it'll keep going up.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Be careful setting your prices as silver is climbing rapidly.

Demand exceeds supply, China is using more all the time and there is
also a great deal of speculation.

Kitco has charts giving live silver prices as well.

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 01:06:01 GMT, Ignoramus22287 wrote:
On 28 Apr 2006 19:34:58 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Exactly. Also, from what I understand, China is buying quite a bit of
it because their demand far outstrips domestic supply. Unless you
expect China's industrial ramp-up to reverse any time soon, I think it's
safe to think it'll keep going up.

I agree. I would be a little more cautious about investing in silver
at current prices, but I am not yet selling.

Iggy, if you do want to sell one of those bars at some point, let me
know - if I can swing it, I'll pay spot for it, where a dealer would
give you 5% less or so (and charge me 5% more). I think it's my turn to
feed _you_.