Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best and strongest shopvac

Fewest fragile parts/accesories, best suction, best thout
design.

thanks

gary
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG

Not related, don't work there, etc.

Have gotten long years, abusive miles he
http://www.nss.com/about_our_equipment.htm Concrete, drywall,
construction debris, sewer and rain water clean up; and the one
we are using had been a daily custodian issue for ten or more
years before we got it as a broken down hand me down. A little
tlc, some new brushes, switch, and cord..

We have a couple of the predecessors of the designer 4, we call
our every day one R2D2.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
Fewest fragile parts/accesories, best suction, best thout
design.

thanks

gary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

I had some friends who were bored after painting a room

my shopvac is now halfway painted in a "droid" pattern

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:21:35 -0500, "DanG" wrote:

Not related, don't work there, etc.

Have gotten long years, abusive miles he
http://www.nss.com/about_our_equipment.htm Concrete, drywall,
construction debris, sewer and rain water clean up; and the one
we are using had been a daily custodian issue for ten or more
years before we got it as a broken down hand me down. A little
tlc, some new brushes, switch, and cord..

We have a couple of the predecessors of the designer 4, we call
our every day one R2D2.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
.. .
Fewest fragile parts/accesories, best suction, best thout
design.

thanks

gary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 23:22:35 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Brent Philion quickly quoth:

I had some friends who were bored after painting a room

my shopvac is now halfway painted in a "droid" pattern

R2Suck2?

give me The Luxuries Of Life * http://www.diversify.com
i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

That would probably be my old Silver King. I bought it used from
a salesman who swore it would "suck the dirt out of an electrolux"
and then proceeded to prove it. It will also suck the parts right
off of a printed circuit board if you're not careful. If I use
a crevice tool and put it near a neon lamp, the lamp lights from
the ionization of the air flowing past at high speed.

The filter is a simple 12 1/2" piece of filter paper.

wrote:
Fewest fragile parts/accesories, best suction, best thout
design.

thanks

gary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
lens

I researched this a while back and ended up with the Fein Turbovac.
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=2040
If you have to stand next it when using it, it's the best. It has good
suction, but I don't know it if it matches the monster shop vacs. It
also has a plastic body, which might turn off some people, but it's
still rugged, won't rust or leak, and the top always seals well. You'll
notice it is also not cheap, but I really had no choice because I
needed to have lower noise. When I bought it, Coastal Tool had the best
price, but they seem no better than list now. Hunt around for price.

wrote:
Fewest fragile parts/accesories, best suction, best thout
design.

thanks

gary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

--Silly idea time: has anyone tried building a "muffler" for a
cheaper vac?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I'll have the roast duck
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : with the mango salsa...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On 25 Apr 2006 15:03:42 GMT, steamer wrote:
--Silly idea time: has anyone tried building a "muffler" for a
cheaper vac?

My built-in home vac has a muffler. Basically a box with foam on the
inside walls. Check your local central-vac dealer for parts, I don't
remember it being expensive.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jw

wrote:
Fewest fragile parts/accesories, best suction, best thout
design.

thanks

gary

I have always liked Dairy Vac(made by Electro Groom).
http://www.animart.com/product.php?p...cat=142&page=2

They can be found used for a reasonable price. Turn on both motors and
it can nearly pick up a bowling ball. Seriously. It will easily pick
up 3/8" nuts and bolts and a lot of other stuff you would maybe rather
not. It has a seperation chamber that heavy stuff dumps into and then
the "light" stuff gets caught in a dust bag.

My wife doesn't like it. She says it is too powerful.

I have accumulated 3 of them over the years. My Dad likes to tell the
story of the Rainbow saleman that came out once. He challenged him to
put them "head to head". He sucked the water out of the Rainbow. Guy
tucked his tail between his legs and left somewhat sheepishly.

We had a Kirby salesman out recently. He had his little "meter" to
show how much better his machine was then ours. I challenged him to
hook his little "meter" up to my Dairy Vac. He wouldn't. Kirby does
make a pretty good home vac, but his test was very biased. Take a
"typical" home vac with full filters and hose vs a Kirby with no hose
and a paper "plate" filter and compare airflow. Who do you think is
going to win?

JW

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

"I had some friends who were bored after painting a room

my shopvac is now halfway painted in a "droid" pattern

R2Suck2? ''

Good one ;)

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

I've asked WAY too much of the poor thing too

As i turn it off it MOANS in agony

I will not recommend it for being tough but once the paintjob is done
I WILL toss it into the dropbox