Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jw

Default Best and strongest shopvac

wrote:
Fewest fragile parts/accesories, best suction, best thout
design.

thanks

gary

I have always liked Dairy Vac(made by Electro Groom).
http://www.animart.com/product.php?p...cat=142&page=2

They can be found used for a reasonable price. Turn on both motors and
it can nearly pick up a bowling ball. Seriously. It will easily pick
up 3/8" nuts and bolts and a lot of other stuff you would maybe rather
not. It has a seperation chamber that heavy stuff dumps into and then
the "light" stuff gets caught in a dust bag.

My wife doesn't like it. She says it is too powerful.

I have accumulated 3 of them over the years. My Dad likes to tell the
story of the Rainbow saleman that came out once. He challenged him to
put them "head to head". He sucked the water out of the Rainbow. Guy
tucked his tail between his legs and left somewhat sheepishly.

We had a Kirby salesman out recently. He had his little "meter" to
show how much better his machine was then ours. I challenged him to
hook his little "meter" up to my Dairy Vac. He wouldn't. Kirby does
make a pretty good home vac, but his test was very biased. Take a
"typical" home vac with full filters and hose vs a Kirby with no hose
and a paper "plate" filter and compare airflow. Who do you think is
going to win?

JW