Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

Default Photos - Kew Bridge, Duxford

I said I'd post some photos from my trip to England. So far, I've
done Duxford and Kew Bridge. I may go back and increase the
resolution of the Kew Bridge photos. Anyway, they're at
http://peteiii.smugmug.com/ . Look in the Galleries section.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Thanks for the photos Pete. Last I was at Duxford they didn't have the
SR71, must stop in again sometime. Also a real shame that your photos as
good as they are can't really convey the scale of stuff especially Kew
which I haven't seen in maybe 20 years. I live in the UK so the trips
not so bad.

Pete Keillor wrote:

I said I'd post some photos from my trip to England. So far, I've
done Duxford and Kew Bridge. I may go back and increase the
resolution of the Kew Bridge photos. Anyway, they're at
http://peteiii.smugmug.com/ . Look in the Galleries section.

Pete Keillor

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

Pete Keillor wrote:

I said I'd post some photos from my trip to England. So far, I've
done Duxford and Kew Bridge. I may go back and increase the
resolution of the Kew Bridge photos. Anyway, they're at
http://peteiii.smugmug.com/ . Look in the Galleries section.

Pete Keillor

Yes, there's no comparison to actually visiting. Still, for those not
in England it may be of interest, and perhaps spur a visit. Oddly
enough, neither my sister or brother-in-law had ever heard of Kew, and
they've lived there off and on for about a dozen years. As a matter
of fact, my bil's secretary, a native, had never heard of it either.

Duxford will really be worth a repeat when they open the new AirSpace
display. I hate flying across, but I'm definitely going to have to
return to catch a Cornish weekend at Kew and visit the AirSpace when
it opens.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Pete as well as the pumping engines at Kew there is also the Royal
Botanic gardens nearby for those that like other types of living things.
While in London the V&A museum, natural history museum, science museum,
Gilbert collection and more. Personally I can't take more than a couple
of hours in the V&A, the beauty of many of the things man has created
in just one discipline in a couple of galleries is enough for me in one
go. Enough places and changing exhibits one could spend a lifetime doing
them in a routa, yet my neighbour who is older than I by 24 years has
not seen any of them.

Pete Keillor wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

Pete Keillor wrote:

[...]

Senior son has been there nine years and hadn't heard of Kew or know
where it was. When he was driving us to Heathrow in August, I pointed
out the standpipe tower to him on the way by.
Flying home last August was one of the more enjoyable flights I have
taken, beautiful sunny afternoon and a good window seat - got to
navigate across Greenland and as far as Waubush, Labrador before we
hit any clouds. On the way over I got to see the sun rise somewhere
south of Iceland. Good trip all around, even if the one granddaughter
(5) is spoiled rotten (just like her dad)
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada