Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

Default Photos - Kew Bridge, Duxford

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:16:01 +0100, David Billington
wrote:

Thanks for the photos Pete. Last I was at Duxford they didn't have the
SR71, must stop in again sometime. Also a real shame that your photos as
good as they are can't really convey the scale of stuff especially Kew
which I haven't seen in maybe 20 years. I live in the UK so the trips
not so bad.

Pete Keillor wrote:

I said I'd post some photos from my trip to England. So far, I've
done Duxford and Kew Bridge. I may go back and increase the
resolution of the Kew Bridge photos. Anyway, they're at
http://peteiii.smugmug.com/ . Look in the Galleries section.

Pete Keillor

Yes, there's no comparison to actually visiting. Still, for those not
in England it may be of interest, and perhaps spur a visit. Oddly
enough, neither my sister or brother-in-law had ever heard of Kew, and
they've lived there off and on for about a dozen years. As a matter
of fact, my bil's secretary, a native, had never heard of it either.

Duxford will really be worth a repeat when they open the new AirSpace
display. I hate flying across, but I'm definitely going to have to
return to catch a Cornish weekend at Kew and visit the AirSpace when
it opens.

Pete Keillor