Tom Gardner

Default Mitutoyo caliper repair...HA!

I thought for a moment that a $100+ tool was worth repair when it would only
read in metric. Well, I'm an AMERICAN and don't need no stinking sissy
metric system! At $135 for repair, I DON'T THINK SO! Anybody work in
metric exclusively and need a 6" caliper? Or, does anybody have a good guts
on a bad frame?

Pete Logghe

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message y.com...
I thought for a moment that a $100+ tool was worth repair when it would only
read in metric. Well, I'm an AMERICAN and don't need no stinking sissy
metric system! At $135 for repair, I DON'T THINK SO! Anybody work in
metric exclusively and need a 6" caliper? Or, does anybody have a good guts
on a bad frame?

It must be just the english/metric switch.
Can you dis-assemble it, and fix the contacts?

Pete
Tom Gardner

It got wet with rain on my desk (don't ask) I dissassembled and cleaned with
LP air and 97% alcahol. Even direct shorting with metal wouldn't flip it.
All the other rubber contacts work ok.

"Pete Logghe" wrote in message
om...
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

y.com...
I thought for a moment that a $100+ tool was worth repair when it would

only
read in metric. Well, I'm an AMERICAN and don't need no stinking sissy
metric system! At $135 for repair, I DON'T THINK SO! Anybody work in
metric exclusively and need a 6" caliper? Or, does anybody have a good

guts
on a bad frame?

It must be just the english/metric switch.
Can you dis-assemble it, and fix the contacts?

Pete

Tom Gardner

I've had that thing apart so many times I could have bought a dozen had I
been doing something constructive. I was/am on a mission! I'm an idiot for
spending time on this, but I bet it comes apart again when I get it back
from the repair outfit.

s.com...