Tom Gardner

Default Mitutoyo caliper repair...HA!

I've had that thing apart so many times I could have bought a dozen had I
been doing something constructive. I was/am on a mission! I'm an idiot for
spending time on this, but I bet it comes apart again when I get it back
from the repair outfit.

"Bob Powell" wrote in message
s.com...
Tom it's probably stuck shorted not open. If you haven't already
disassemble it that far try cleaning the contact area again.

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
.com...
It got wet with rain on my desk (don't ask) I dissassembled and cleaned

with
LP air and 97% alcahol. Even direct shorting with metal wouldn't flip

it.
All the other rubber contacts work ok.

"Pete Logghe" wrote in message
om...
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

y.com...
I thought for a moment that a $100+ tool was worth repair when it

would
only
read in metric. Well, I'm an AMERICAN and don't need no stinking

sissy
metric system! At $135 for repair, I DON'T THINK SO! Anybody work

in
metric exclusively and need a 6" caliper? Or, does anybody have a

good
guts
on a bad frame?

It must be just the english/metric switch.
Can you dis-assemble it, and fix the contacts?

Pete