Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default Whasdis called?

I need some fasteners. One side has a very short male machine thread post,
like 1/16" or 3/32", and a mushroom head with a Phillips or hex slotted
head. The other side has a female receptacle of the same depth and thread,
and the mushroom is unfinished. They are to put on Plexiglass panels, or to
mount Sentra board graphics.

Anyone know what they are called?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

In article , KewlKiwi
wrote:

Steve B wrote:
I need some fasteners. One side has a very short male machine thread post,
like 1/16" or 3/32", and a mushroom head with a Phillips or hex slotted
head. The other side has a female receptacle of the same depth and thread,
and the mushroom is unfinished. They are to put on Plexiglass panels, or
mount Sentra board graphics.

Anyone know what they are called?

Sex bolts?

Chicago Rivets -- which are really screws such as you describe. They're
available with slotted or Phillips heads as I recall. You can get them
in various lengths at any leathercraft supplier.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
I need some fasteners. One side has a very short male machine thread post,
like 1/16" or 3/32", and a mushroom head with a Phillips or hex slotted
head. The other side has a female receptacle of the same depth and thread,
and the mushroom is unfinished. They are to put on Plexiglass panels, or to
mount Sentra board graphics.

Anyone know what they are called?

Steve

They are called "Sex Bolts" (no, I didn't make that up)

Try McMaster-Carr.

-Joe
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

In article , KewlKiwi
wrote:

Steve B wrote:
I need some fasteners. One side has a very short male machine thread
post,
like 1/16" or 3/32", and a mushroom head with a Phillips or hex slotted
head. The other side has a female receptacle of the same depth and
thread,
and the mushroom is unfinished. They are to put on Plexiglass panels,
or
mount Sentra board graphics.

Anyone know what they are called?

Hermaphrodite screws/bolts, "sex" bolts.

LLoyd

what is it called? ron UK diy 14 April 4th 06 10:16 AM
What is this product called here Mark Trueman UK diy 10 March 14th 06 07:14 AM
Whats it called, how do I make on? Andrew VK3BFA Metalworking 15 December 2nd 05 11:24 PM
Whats this type of foundation called ? Sonbo Home Repair 2 December 1st 05 11:32 PM
internal door mechanism - what's it called? RichardS UK diy 2 October 31st 03 03:59 PM