Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Default Comment on O/T subject headers....

Did you ever notice......???

........the posts that are marked "OT" are often marginally ON topic
......with some sort of hands-on, tool use, or procedure
question????........

.......but, MOST the political B.S. and TROLLING is NEVER marked for what
it actually is - "OFF TOPIC" for a metalworking newsgroup.......?????

Again......TAKE BACK THIS NEWSGROUP FOR METALWORKING.......

Don't respond to political B.S. and TROLLING on this
newsgroup....especially the garbage that has NOT been marked "OT".....

It only encourages them.......

Ignore them and they WILL go away..........with their egos crushed......
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

* wrote:

.......the posts that are marked "OT" are often marginally ON topic
.....with some sort of hands-on, tool use, or procedure
question????........

Who told you, that OT means "Off Topic"? It might also mean "On Topic".
Or maybe that's what those OT-posters think.

BTW, there is something wrong with your keyyyyyyboard..........!!!!!!

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

According to Nick Müller :
* wrote:

.......the posts that are marked "OT" are often marginally ON topic
.....with some sort of hands-on, tool use, or procedure
question????........

Who told you, that OT means "Off Topic"? It might also mean "On Topic".
Or maybe that's what those OT-posters think.

I think that it is more the usual problem of topic drift, with
nobody ever changing the "Subject: " header line. I must confess that I
often forget to do so.

And what I find more of a problem is those who elect to type in
"OT: " (with the colon), which gets removed and replaced by " " by
Outlook Express (and possibly other pseudo-newsreader clients.

BTW, there is something wrong with your keyyyyyyboard..........!!!!!!

Hmm ... the inverse of what infected mine recently -- you needed
a pile diver to get the 'b' key to produce a character. I finally
disassembled the keyboard (live), and removed something close to a cat
and a half worth of hair -- *everywhere*. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

"*" wrote in message

Did you ever notice......???

.......the posts that are marked "OT" are often marginally ON topic
.....with some sort of hands-on, tool use, or procedure
question????........

......but, MOST the political B.S. and TROLLING is NEVER marked for what
it actually is - "OFF TOPIC" for a metalworking newsgroup.......?????

Again......TAKE BACK THIS NEWSGROUP FOR METALWORKING.......

Don't respond to political B.S. and TROLLING on this
newsgroup....especially the garbage that has NOT been marked "OT".....

It only encourages them.......

Ignore them and they WILL go away..........with their egos crushed......

Interesting. BTW, did you mark your comment OT? I didn't notice any metal
working comment.

Crap! I replied to an OT post! Now what are we going to do?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:19:48 GMT, "Dave Lyon"
wrote:

"*" wrote in message

Did you ever notice......???

.......the posts that are marked "OT" are often marginally ON topic
.....with some sort of hands-on, tool use, or procedure
question????........

......but, MOST the political B.S. and TROLLING is NEVER marked for what
it actually is - "OFF TOPIC" for a metalworking newsgroup.......?????

Again......TAKE BACK THIS NEWSGROUP FOR METALWORKING.......

Don't respond to political B.S. and TROLLING on this
newsgroup....especially the garbage that has NOT been marked "OT".....

It only encourages them.......

Ignore them and they WILL go away..........with their egos crushed......

Interesting. BTW, did you mark your comment OT? I didn't notice any metal
working comment.

Crap! I replied to an OT post! Now what are we going to do?

New thread!! New Thread!!!!

lol

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb

Default lol...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Dave Lyon wrote in article
EAv_f.91427$oL.18217@attbi_s71...

-------------------------
........the posts that are marked "OT" are often marginally ON topic
......with some sort of hands-on, tool use, or procedure
question????........
-------------------------

Duh!

I wasn't exactly talking about making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
here......

Crap! I replied to an OT post! Now what are we going to do?

As the comic Gallagher would say, "Are you THAT ****ing stupid?"

Did you think the subject line "Comment on O/T subject headers" had
something to do with setting up a Bridgeport?

Or did you think there was some way that discussing O/T subjects might,
somehow, be ON topic?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Use "NOT: Not Off Topic" for on-topic posts which are in the greay
area...

No Subject Owain UK diy 0 September 26th 05 10:26 PM
No Subject Owain UK diy 0 September 22nd 05 10:58 PM
No Subject Owain UK diy 0 September 8th 05 02:48 PM
No Subject Owain UK diy 0 September 6th 05 06:21 PM
Underfloor Heating Peter Richardson UK diy 29 September 23rd 03 10:08 PM