Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Comment on O/T subject headers....

According to Nick Müller :
* wrote:

.......the posts that are marked "OT" are often marginally ON topic
.....with some sort of hands-on, tool use, or procedure
question????........

Who told you, that OT means "Off Topic"? It might also mean "On Topic".
Or maybe that's what those OT-posters think.

I think that it is more the usual problem of topic drift, with
nobody ever changing the "Subject: " header line. I must confess that I
often forget to do so.

And what I find more of a problem is those who elect to type in
"OT: " (with the colon), which gets removed and replaced by " " by
Outlook Express (and possibly other pseudo-newsreader clients.

BTW, there is something wrong with your keyyyyyyboard..........!!!!!!

Hmm ... the inverse of what infected mine recently -- you needed
a pile diver to get the 'b' key to produce a character. I finally
disassembled the keyboard (live), and removed something close to a cat
and a half worth of hair -- *everywhere*. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564