Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
TAg Gavin

Default 6" Craftsman/Atlas Lathe Parts

I am looking for a set of Gears for the 6" Craftsman/Atlas (AA) Lathe.
Lathe #109.0703 Anyone have a set lying around that they would like
to sell? Also need the 32/16 tooth step gear.

Thanks
Tag
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"TAg Gavin" wrote in message
I am looking for a set of Gears for the 6" Craftsman/Atlas (AA) Lathe.
Lathe #109.0703 Anyone have a set lying around that they would like
to sell? Also need the 32/16 tooth step gear.

Thanks

Not that they're cheap, but Sears still sells those. I also saw a complete
assortment of compatible change gears at a lesser price available either in
the MSC or McMaster-Carr catalog.

The high-pressure zinc alloy they used for those things seems to be more
expensive than steel (??)

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 11:17:42 GMT, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
wrote:

"TAg Gavin" wrote in message
I am looking for a set of Gears for the 6" Craftsman/Atlas (AA) Lathe.
Lathe #109.0703 Anyone have a set lying around that they would like
to sell? Also need the 32/16 tooth step gear.

Thanks

Not that they're cheap, but Sears still sells those. I also saw a complete
assortment of compatible change gears at a lesser price available either in
the MSC or McMaster-Carr catalog.

The high-pressure zinc alloy they used for those things seems to be more
expensive than steel (??)

LLoyd

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lots of times, full sets and individuals, mostly used but in good
condition, are available at NAMES too.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

TAg Gavin wrote:
I am looking for a set of Gears for the 6" Craftsman/Atlas (AA) Lathe.
Lathe #109.0703 Anyone have a set lying around that they would like
to sell? Also need the 32/16 tooth step gear.

The Atlas 618 change gears are identical

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

wrote in message
ups.com...
Lloyd
Do you happen to know the specs on the change gears?

Thanks
Tag

I can check, but I think I remember their being 1/2" bore, 2-key bushed down
to either 5/16" or 1/4" (I think 5/16), and 3/8" thick. I don't remember
the pitch.

However, what struck me when I read about them in the catalog was that they
seemed to be directly called out for that size/type lathe. I didn't know
the pitch then, either.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

TAg Gavin wrote:

I am looking for a set of Gears for the 6" Craftsman/Atlas (AA) Lathe.
Lathe #109.0703 Anyone have a set lying around that they would like
to sell? Also need the 32/16 tooth step gear.

Thanks
Tag

I have one of these lathes, which I never use but I don't want to part
out the gears. FYI, there's a Yahoo group for the AA109. They might be
able to provide some additional sources for parts.

Drew

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

TAg Gavin wrote:
I am looking for a set of Gears for the 6" Craftsman/Atlas (AA) Lathe.
Lathe #109.0703 Anyone have a set lying around that they would like
to sell? Also need the 32/16 tooth step gear.

Are you aware of www.homeshopsupply.com?

Bill Hardin supports these lathes with parts & information.
Good guy to deal with. Don't expect flee market prices, but he's a fair
guy and will bend over backwards to help you complete a lathe.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike

I think I saw these gears in Boston Gear some years ago. I was
interested as I too have one of these lathes.

They are 24DP but I can't remember the P.A..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Replogle

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 01:57:02 -0400, TAg Gavin
wrote:

I am looking for a set of Gears for the 6" Craftsman/Atlas (AA) Lathe.
Lathe #109.0703 Anyone have a set lying around that they would like
to sell? Also need the 32/16 tooth step gear.

Thanks
Tag

Watch ebay, there are always Atlas parts available. Eventually some
will show up.
--
Randy Replogle

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

According to Randy Replogle :
wrote:

I am looking for a set of Gears for the 6" Craftsman/Atlas (AA) Lathe.
Lathe #109.0703 Anyone have a set lying around that they would like
to sell? Also need the 32/16 tooth step gear.

Thanks
Tag

Watch ebay, there are always Atlas parts available. Eventually some
will show up.

Except *don't* look under the "Atlas" name. This is *not* an
"Atlas" Craftsman, it is an AA (which the OP also mentioned). There are
significant differences between the Atlas and the AA in Sear's small
lathes.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Young

wrote:

I am looking for a set of Gears for the 6" Craftsman/Atlas (AA) Lathe.
Lathe #109.0703 Anyone have a set lying around that they would like
to sell? Also need the 32/16 tooth step gear.

Thanks
Tag

Watch ebay, there are always Atlas parts available. Eventually some
will show up.

Except *don't* look under the "Atlas" name. This is *not* an
"Atlas" Craftsman, it is an AA (which the OP also mentioned). There are
significant differences between the Atlas and the AA in Sear's small
lathes.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

The lathes are definitely different but I think the gears are the same.
Don Young