Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peto

Default Help, Karle metal spinning lathes & Info

Hello All,
First I would like to introduce myself to the group. I am a silversmith
and blacksmith an a novice machinist. I have been trying to find any
info. on Karle Spin Shop lathes with an odd/early CNC wood turning
setup. Karle made a ton of standard type small spinning lathes for
schools ( although I cant find a single page of text on them) and It
seems built these CNC wood lathes on their 12" spinning lathe . I am
guessing this because I have seen more that 8 of these lathes for sale
over the last 3 years and from all around the US, so it does not seem
to be a retrofit for a specific job. I can send pics of the machine if
they would help. So far I have nothing on paper , Just the lathe
itself. Can you enlighten me? I Sure would appreciate it!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry

Jim riser has restored a spin shop (Karle) lathe on his web site .
www.jamesriser.com and I am about to restore one myself for metal
spinning you can get more info and pictures of the restoration at
www.metalspinningworkshop.com Forum

Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Men, Metal & Machines - NEW Model Engineering Expo (Updated 23 Aug 2003) Scott S. Logan Metalworking 0 October 4th 03 04:40 PM
metal tubes Allan Adler Metalworking 7 September 26th 03 04:30 AM
Men, Metal & Machines - NEW Model Engineering Expo (Updated 23 Aug 2003) Scott S. Logan Metalworking 0 September 23rd 03 03:30 PM
Men, Metal & Machines - NEW Model Engineering Expo (Updated 23 Aug 2003) Scott S. Logan Metalworking 0 September 13th 03 05:47 PM