Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Wizman

Default Acu rite 200M DRO display

Anyone know where I can get one of the displays for that DRO from the mid
90's. My old one went bad. I think it is the connector between the
keyboard and the PC board. Also, anyone interested in a 3X17 Sherline
with some fixins for $650? I'm thinking about going with a Microlux 7X14 if
someone can prove to me that they are any better than Sherline Otherwise
I'll get a Jet 13X40 when I can afford it. Sincerely,
JOhn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:06:25 GMT, "John Wizman"
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get one of the displays for that DRO from the mid
90's. My old one went bad. I think it is the connector between the
keyboard and the PC board. Also, anyone interested in a 3X17 Sherline
with some fixins for $650? I'm thinking about going with a Microlux 7X14 if
someone can prove to me that they are any better than Sherline Otherwise
I'll get a Jet 13X40 when I can afford it. Sincerely,
JOhn

What is the connector type? Ive got an AccuRite II or IIl that lights
up, but doesnt count. Should be an easy repair.

There are a number of repair houses that could fix yours btw.

Some even reasonable

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild Bill

I don't know what features the 200 series has, but there's a 100 model
on eBay now, item 7604324035.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Acu-Rite-Qwik-Co...temZ7604324035

I've heard that Acu Rite and Anilam scales and display units that
utilize the round 6-pin connectors are interchangeable (enough times
that it's likely to be factual). These would be the 5 volt TTL signal
units.
The key aspect of doing this type of switch would be if the display
unit can be set to the required scale resolution (number of counts per
inch of travel).

Many DRO displays have selectable scale resolution settings for the
user to set. Having the operating manual may be necessary to determine
if a display has the capabilities of being set to the existing scales.

Most of the 5 volt TTL devices are generally compatible when the user
can wire the connector correctly, and has the required setup info for
setting the resolution, providing the display unit has the appropriate
settings.

WB

Wizman wrote:
Anyone know where I can get one of the displays for that DRO from the mid
90's. My old one went bad. I think it is the connector between the
keyboard and the PC board. Also, anyone interested in a 3X17 Sherline
with some fixins for $650? I'm thinking about going with a Microlux 7X14 if
someone can prove to me that they are any better than Sherline Otherwise
I'll get a Jet 13X40 when I can afford it. Sincerely,
JOhn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
LMSC

The 200M has a D connector and the Quick Count has the round
connector. You will need to change the connector or make a pigtail
with the correct connectors on each end. Acu-rite sells the pigtail
cable but they want $50.00 for each axis.

Regards,

Tim
LMSC