Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Default VFD problem

I need help connecting my VFD to a motor.

I connected my VFD (KBAC-27D) to single phase 240V
VFD shows code "Undervoltage"
I measured voltage between AC lines - 237V, between one AC line and ground - 117V
another AC line and ground 117V
It's a little less than suppose to be but should be OK I guess.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks,
Alex
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
lens

The input voltage magnitude should be fine. All I can think of after
scanning the manual is that there are TWO jumpers that need to be set
for 115/220V operation. See page 8 of the manual:
http://www.kbelectronics.com/manuals/kbac_27d.pdf

While you're at it, check the 50/60 Hz frequency jumpers as well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

According to Alex :
I need help connecting my VFD to a motor.

I connected my VFD (KBAC-27D) to single phase 240V
VFD shows code "Undervoltage"
I measured voltage between AC lines - 237V, between one AC line and ground - 117V
another AC line and ground 117V
It's a little less than suppose to be but should be OK I guess.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

It is complaining about the third phase terminal, which is not
connected to anything. Try jumpering it to the nearest terminal which
does have power, and that should eliminate the complaints.

Some VFDs care about this, others do not.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Alex :

I need help connecting my VFD to a motor.

I connected my VFD (KBAC-27D) to single phase 240V
VFD shows code "Undervoltage"
I measured voltage between AC lines - 237V, between one AC line and ground - 117V
another AC line and ground 117V
It's a little less than suppose to be but should be OK I guess.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

It is complaining about the third phase terminal, which is not
connected to anything. Try jumpering it to the nearest terminal which
does have power, and that should eliminate the complaints.

Some VFDs care about this, others do not.

Looking at the data sheet he referenced, there are only two
line terminals. This is a single-phase only input VFD, which
can be set for 120 or 240 V operation.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

According to Jon Elson :
DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Alex :

I need help connecting my VFD to a motor.

I connected my VFD (KBAC-27D) to single phase 240V
VFD shows code "Undervoltage"
I measured voltage between AC lines - 237V, between one AC line and ground - 117V
another AC line and ground 117V
It's a little less than suppose to be but should be OK I guess.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

It is complaining about the third phase terminal, which is not
connected to anything. Try jumpering it to the nearest terminal which
does have power, and that should eliminate the complaints.

Some VFDs care about this, others do not.

Looking at the data sheet he referenced, there are only two
line terminals.

So there are -- but this was in a followup by someone other than
the original poster, and I had not seen it when I answered.

This is a single-phase only input VFD, which
can be set for 120 or 240 V operation.

So it is -- which suggests that either some of the jumpers are
not quite set right, or that there are glitches in the power line
connection (loose connection) feeding the VFD, causing the undervoltage
to appear momentarily.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

I talked to manufacturer. They told me that when VFD just pluged in it is fooled and
it's OK to start motor. After you start then stop status is OK.
Manual never mentioned that.

Alex

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Jon Elson :

DoN. Nichols wrote:

According to Alex :

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Guys,

does anyone know how to make sure motor is compatible with VFD?

Alex

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Jon Elson :

DoN. Nichols wrote:

According to Alex :

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Engelhardt

Alex wrote:
does anyone know how to make sure motor is compatible with VFD?

You mean if it is "VFD rated"? No, but mine is not VFD rated and I
haven't had any problems. I asked the same question when I installed my
VFD and the general answer was "Don't worry about".

Bob