Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default VFD problem

According to Alex :
I need help connecting my VFD to a motor.

I connected my VFD (KBAC-27D) to single phase 240V
VFD shows code "Undervoltage"
I measured voltage between AC lines - 237V, between one AC line and ground - 117V
another AC line and ground 117V
It's a little less than suppose to be but should be OK I guess.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

It is complaining about the third phase terminal, which is not
connected to anything. Try jumpering it to the nearest terminal which
does have power, and that should eliminate the complaints.

Some VFDs care about this, others do not.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564