Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default OT - Xtreme Lawnmower

http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/2785

"but when you can go 15 miles per hour and do a football field in 10 minutes"
"990cc 33-hp engine"
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Ashmore

I have a 27 HP Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle. It won't quite do 15 MPH like
the Xtreme but with a 60" cutter it will flat cut grass.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Cliff" wrote in message
http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/2785

"but when you can go 15 miles per hour and do a football field in 10
minutes"
"990cc 33-hp engine"
--
Cliff

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:52:37 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore" wrote:

I have a 27 HP Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle. It won't quite do 15 MPH like
the Xtreme but with a 60" cutter it will flat cut grass.

Do you need to cut it if it's flat?
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Charlie Gary

Cliff wrote:
On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:52:37 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore" wrote:

I have a 27 HP Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle. It won't quite do 15 MPH like
the Xtreme but with a 60" cutter it will flat cut grass.

Do you need to cut it if it's flat?

Now, now. No fair pointing reading-comprehension fingers if you miss
this one. He's flat cutting grass, not cutting flat grass. g

Later,

Charlie

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveF

"Cliff" wrote in message
http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/2785

"but when you can go 15 miles per hour and do a football field in 10
minutes"
"990cc 33-hp engine"
--
Cliff

I've got a 25 HP Gravely to do the grass on my farm. Not quite as big as
the Dixie but I've got a big hug ready if I ever meet the guy that invented
these things.

Steve.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
zatoichi

cool website, cool boat.
Kepp the spirit high
Good luck

On 7-Mar-2006, "Glenn Ashmore" wrote:

I have a 27 HP Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle. It won't quite do 15 MPH
like
the Xtreme but with a 60" cutter it will flat cut grass.

--
Glenn Ashmore

I'm building a 45' cutter in strip/composite. Watch my progress (or
lack

"Cliff" wrote in message
http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/2785

"but when you can go 15 miles per hour and do a football field in
10
minutes"
"990cc 33-hp engine"
--
Cliff

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 19:03:45 -0500, "SteveF" wrote:

I've got a 25 HP Gravely to do the grass on my farm. Not quite as big as
the Dixie but I've got a big hug ready if I ever meet the guy that invented
these things.

One of my Grandfathers had one of those (same model?)
Pretty spiffy, with the PTO & all. But I doubt he walked at 15 MPH G.
For your farm cut & bale the hay ($$) or get a brushhog for your tractor.
http://www.retroaudiolab.com/pictures/brushhog.jpg
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Ashmore

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
I have a Cub 1554 - 54" cut. Also a 27 HP.
Have a number of options for it and it gets great gas mileage. First two
weeks
the gas usage was up as the rings were setting.
average 1 hour a week. usage.

I have a Cub too. An original 1961 Cadet. Unlike the more recent models
the early ones were built like a tractor with heavy frames and gear boxes.
While the Dixie Chopper does the heavy mowing now that little old tractor
mowed reliably 4 hours a week for 40 years and is still my favorite "utility
vehicle".