Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Espressopithecus (Java Man)

Default Thread Tables On Line??

I'm trying to plumb in my espresso machine, but it has an odd-ball
threaded connector that isn't NPT. I've measured it to the best of my
ability (I can only get 6 threads to measure pitch, and because of the
shape of the connector, I can't fit my calipers into the threads).

The threaded connector is:
- outside diameter of threads: 0.638" (looks like parallel rather than
tapered threads)
- pitch: either 19 or 20 TPI (sorry, I can't be more precise.

I need a brass adapter, one male end with the threads above, the other
male end 3/8" NPT.

Does anyone have the url for on-line thread tables so I can find out
exactly what the oddball thread is?

Thanks,

Rick
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ

Enjoy!!
http://www.watchman.dsl.pipex.com/thread.html

Espressopithecus (Java Man) wrote:
I'm trying to plumb in my espresso machine, but it has an odd-ball
threaded connector that isn't NPT. I've measured it to the best of my
ability (I can only get 6 threads to measure pitch, and because of the
shape of the connector, I can't fit my calipers into the threads).

The threaded connector is:
- outside diameter of threads: 0.638" (looks like parallel rather than
tapered threads)
- pitch: either 19 or 20 TPI (sorry, I can't be more precise.

I need a brass adapter, one male end with the threads above, the other
male end 3/8" NPT.

Does anyone have the url for on-line thread tables so I can find out
exactly what the oddball thread is?

Thanks,

Rick

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

3/8" BSP probably.
regards,Mark.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Where was the machine made? If Asia or Europe, then threads are likely
metric.

Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

--FWIW there's a shop in Santa Barbara, CA on Haley ST that fixes
espresso machines. Not sure of the name of the joint but any good restaurant
would know them. Might track 'em down and see if they can help..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Better an early adapter
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : than an early adopter..