Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default old Victor torch tip nomenclature

Sometime in the last few years Victor has changed the way they describe torch
tips. They used to have a "type" system e.g. a cutting torch tip was "type 1"
"type 3" or "type 5", now those would be e.g. 0-1-101, 0-3-101 or 0-5-101
respectively for a no. 0 tip anyway.

I am looking at surplus Victor rosebud tips, but I want those intended for use
with propane/NG not with acetylene. I have found one that looks right, but it
says "10-T-25" and I have no idea what a type 25 tip is.

Anyone?

GWE
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Never mind, I called Victor, they're faxing me sheets from an old catalog. FYI
type 25 tips are indeed LPG tips.

GWE

Grant Erwin wrote:
Sometime in the last few years Victor has changed the way they describe
torch tips. They used to have a "type" system e.g. a cutting torch tip
was "type 1" "type 3" or "type 5", now those would be e.g. 0-1-101,
0-3-101 or 0-5-101 respectively for a no. 0 tip anyway.

I am looking at surplus Victor rosebud tips, but I want those intended
for use with propane/NG not with acetylene. I have found one that looks
right, but it says "10-T-25" and I have no idea what a type 25 tip is.

Anyone?

GWE

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Check with a Victor distributor. Some time back I was looking for a
"propane rosebud" and found they are available from Victor; probably others.
They are special order and a bit on the pricey side.

Bob Swinney
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Sometime in the last few years Victor has changed the way they describe
torch tips. They used to have a "type" system e.g. a cutting torch tip was
"type 1" "type 3" or "type 5", now those would be e.g. 0-1-101, 0-3-101 or
0-5-101 respectively for a no. 0 tip anyway.

I am looking at surplus Victor rosebud tips, but I want those intended for
use with propane/NG not with acetylene. I have found one that looks right,
but it says "10-T-25" and I have no idea what a type 25 tip is.

Anyone?

GWE

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Grant Erwin wrote:

Sometime in the last few years Victor has changed the way they
describe torch tips. They used to have a "type" system e.g. a cutting
torch tip was "type 1" "type 3" or "type 5", now those would be e.g.
0-1-101, 0-3-101 or 0-5-101 respectively for a no. 0 tip anyway.

I am looking at surplus Victor rosebud tips, but I want those intended
for use with propane/NG not with acetylene. I have found one that
looks right, but it says "10-T-25" and I have no idea what a type 25
tip is.

Anyone?

GWE

if you happen agross a list of tips that fit the 100 series i'd love a
scan of it