Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default old Victor torch tip nomenclature

Never mind, I called Victor, they're faxing me sheets from an old catalog. FYI
type 25 tips are indeed LPG tips.

GWE

Grant Erwin wrote:
Sometime in the last few years Victor has changed the way they describe
torch tips. They used to have a "type" system e.g. a cutting torch tip
was "type 1" "type 3" or "type 5", now those would be e.g. 0-1-101,
0-3-101 or 0-5-101 respectively for a no. 0 tip anyway.

I am looking at surplus Victor rosebud tips, but I want those intended
for use with propane/NG not with acetylene. I have found one that looks
right, but it says "10-T-25" and I have no idea what a type 25 tip is.

Anyone?

GWE