Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default Rigging apology

After being castigated and corrected about my absolute lack of knowledge
about rigging, I would like to apologize about offering any such advice,
opinions, suggestions, or procedures.

Although I have had years of experience actually doing it, training
programs, OJT schooling, union courses, in house courses, and HKU
equivalency hours, it does not measure up to the vast amount of some of the
members in this group. I know that people who have been in school longer
than I have know much more than I, but I sometimes wonder why they can't
even select the same color socks. Or recommend lifting with load bearing
structural members. But I digress ...................

So, I defer to the know it alls. I know that it must be annoying to hear
anything coming from outside one's brain when one knows it all, and I
apologize again for trying to offer my invalid useless advice and opinions.

I shall continue to plod along in my own world. Devoid of omnipotence.
Knowing only some things instead of all things. Not being all powerful and
all knowing. I will, though, continue to correspond with those who, like me
are not perfect or omnipotent. If that's okay, that is.

Maybe even form a new group. rec.crafts.metalworking.foraveragepeople

Or, perhaps the know it alls should form their own new group where they
won't have to rub RedWings with the unwashed rabble.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger

Steve B wrote:
[...]

Hi Steve,

Since you've gone through the trouble of starting a new thread, and
even though I feel the likelihood that you're referring to me and my
comments is small, I'd like to confess I can sometimes sound like a
"know it all".

This is, I'm sure, caused by my reluctance to offer advise of this type
unless I feel I do, indeed, know it all, which is why you'll seldom
find me giving out advise. It's all tied to a concern for other's
safety which I'm sure you share.

So sharing these concerns, wouldn't you agree, if safety is the primary
concern, that people should get the best advise available? I would
think it only logical.

If you feel I've somehow stepped on your toes you could always try
steel toes; works for me.

dennis
in nca

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Gunner" wrote
silly stuff snipped

- Proverbs 22:3

Proverbs has some really good stuff in it. For me, it is one of the most
instructional books I have ever read. Gives me some "silver bullets" I can
take into every day life.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:50:56 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote
silly stuff snipped

- Proverbs 22:3

Proverbs has some really good stuff in it. For me, it is one of the most
instructional books I have ever read. Gives me some "silver bullets" I can
take into every day life.

Steve

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 01:32:40 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33

ooooo!! I LIKE it!!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

wrote:

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33

ooooo!! I LIKE it!!

Gunner

Definitely a Keeper.

Anyone see the Non-Sequitar strip about teaching Norse mythology in
schools?

http://community.livejournal.com/non_sequitur_/

scroll down a bit
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33

ooooo!! I LIKE it!!

Gunner

Definitely a Keeper.

Anyone see the Non-Sequitar strip about teaching Norse mythology in
schools?

http://community.livejournal.com/non_sequitur_/

scroll down a bit

ROFLMAO!!! Ive never seen that site before. Marvelous!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3