Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn

Default I give up,. how do you polish metal?

Caswell has a good online book on buffing and polishing. They also have
good prices on really nice wheels etc. I just ordered a few wheels and
compounds from them and it is way better stuff than I have been able to find
localy.
http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/index.html
Glenn
"arrya deefmon" wrote in message
I've made a faceplate of navy bronze and now I'd like it to shine
without having any scratches. I drilled and milled and removed the
surface scratches and then used progressively finer grits of sandpaper
to 1500, then steel wool to 0000, then used automotive rubbing
compound with cotton wadding but I still have a haze and many fine
sanding swirls. I did most of this by hand but I tried a drill press
with a woolen pad and I tried a bench grinder with a cotton wheel in
the rubbing compound stage. Can someone describe the correct
technique? Thank you.