Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default OT Dead swans litter German island as bird flu spreads

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:28:23 +0000, Pete Wilcox wrote:

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Cliff wrote:

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:18:27 -0600, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

Start taking massive doses of vitamin C - 1000-4000 mg per hour or more

This may be both unwise & unsafe.

I'm not so sure about 1-4g per *hour*, but Linus Pauling advocated and
practised megadosing on VitC (5g per day, I think) and he lived to the age
of ninety, so he might have been onto something!

Moses lived 120 years and spent 40 wandering lost in a desert.
QED Water is bad for you.

Noah lived 350 years after the flood.
QED Water is good for you.

Isn't it the case that
the body can only process so many mg per hour anyway, and anything in
excess of this is simply excreted in the urine?

You could bottle it & sell it to the third world as a health product.

"Excess Vitamin C May Worsen Osteoarthritis"
"Intakes of vitamin C above 100 mg do not result in an increase of ascorbic
acid levels."
"Unabsorbed vitamin C continues into the lower bowel and causes watery stools
or diarrhea."
"Excess vitamin C has also been implicated in the formation of orate and
oxalate stones."
[
Massive doses produces “rebound scurvy”?
]
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Scheldroup

wrote:

[...]

Germs...

http://kidshealth.org/kid/talk/qa/germs.html
[
Protozoa (say: pro-toh-zoh-uh) are one-cell organisms that love moisture and
often spread diseases through water. Some protozoa cause intestinal infections
that lead to diarrhea (runny poop), nausea, and belly pain.
]

Colds are caused by viruses, not bacteria.

http://www.drgreene.com/21_1490.html
[
The cold virus lives best at 98.6 degrees, so raising the temperature in the
throat and nose can help. Drinking lots of hot tea and chicken soup and
breathing in steam can help.

Salt makes it more difficult for the cold virus to replicate--another
good reason for chicken soup, which is often loaded with sodium.
]

http://kidshealth.org/kid/talk/qa/germs.html
[
Viruses (say: vy-rus-iz) need to be inside living cells to grow and reproduce.
Most viruses can't survive very long if they're not inside a living thing like a
plant, animal, or person. Whatever a virus lives in is called its host. When
viruses get inside people's bodies, they can spread and make people sick.
Viruses cause chicken pox, measles, flu, and many other diseases. Because
some viruses can live for a while on something like a door knob or countertop,
be sure to wash your hands regularly!
]

About 10 years ago, an Australian doctor started saying that ulcer sufferers
often had a 'new' germ in their stomachs.

For a while, nobody paid him any attention.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../mole00179.htm
[
Bacteria that are not killed by acid, that in fact
love to live in an acidic environment, is Helicobacter
pylori. As you can imagine they live in the stomach
which is their natural niche. However, most bacteria
do not like acidity and will suffer.
]

Did you know that Darker Chocolate is more Alkaline ?,
been told what so far about Chocolate consumption besides,
what's in your cavities ? g

--

Has anyone tried eating dark chocolate with a common Cold ??,
50 mg Zinc caplets right before the cough/cold does work.

John

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Scheldroup

"John Scheldroup" wrote in message ...

"Cliff" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:28:23 +0000, Pete Wilcox wrote:

Did you know that Darker Chocolate is more Alkaline ?,

Has anyone tried eating dark chocolate with a common Cold ??,
50 mg Zinc caplets right before the cough/cold does work.
I take one 50 mg everyday.

John

http://www.meridianinstitute.com/ceu/ceu21ph.html
[
Edgar Cayce repeatedly insisted that certain infectious agents (such as cold virus)
do not thrive in an alkaline environment. When asked how to prevent colds,
Cayce replied, "… by keeping the body alkaline. Only in acids do colds attack the body." (9)
]

Very interesting,...

John

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
TDKozan

John Scheldroup wrote:
.. . .
http://www.meridianinstitute.com/ceu/ceu21ph.html
[
Edgar Cayce repeatedly insisted that certain infectious agents (such as cold virus)
do not thrive in an alkaline environment. When asked how to prevent colds,
Cayce replied, "… by keeping the body alkaline. Only in acids do colds attack the body." (9)
]

Very interesting,...

John

Very silly.

You simply can't "keep your body alkaline." Your body is going to
maintain the proper pH or, quite literally, die trying. Acid or
alkaline, it makes no difference except to the extent that you damage
your body and if your urine gets more than mildly alkaline (pH 8)
it's a pretty good indication that you're doing something wrong.

TK

--

"Not only does nature abhor a vacuum, you ought to see my cat's reaction."
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cliff" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:28:23 +0000, Pete Wilcox wrote:

http://www.drgreene.com/21_1490.html
[
The cold virus lives best at 98.6 degrees, so raising the temperature in the
throat and nose can help. Drinking lots of hot tea and chicken soup and
breathing in steam can help.

Salt makes it more difficult for the cold virus to replicate--another
good reason for chicken soup, which is often loaded with sodium.
]

....I wonder why, has anyone ever explained why salt does that,..stops virus replicating ??

"Salt is an alkaline substance."

Now you know,
John

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
TDKozan

John Scheldroup wrote:

...I wonder why, has anyone ever explained why salt does that,..stops virus replicating ??

"Salt is an alkaline substance."

Now you know,
John

Just *which* salt are you talking about? Table salt, aka Sodium
Chloride or NaCl? If so, you need to contact the school district you
graduated from High School in and ask for your parent's money back.

TK

--

"Not only does nature abhor a vacuum, you ought to see my cat's reaction."
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Scheldroup

"TDKozan" wrote in message ...
John Scheldroup wrote:
. . .
http://www.meridianinstitute.com/ceu/ceu21ph.html
[
Edgar Cayce repeatedly insisted that certain infectious agents (such as cold virus)
do not thrive in an alkaline environment. When asked how to prevent colds,
Cayce replied, "… by keeping the body alkaline. Only in acids do colds attack the body." (9)
]

Very interesting,...

John

Very silly.

You simply can't "keep your body alkaline." Your body is going to maintain the proper pH or, quite literally, die trying. Acid
or alkaline, it makes no difference except to the extent that you damage your body and if your urine gets more than mildly
alkaline (pH 8)

What urinary medical condition would be cause for that to happen, to
suddenly become more than mildly alkaline ?

You were just diagnosed with infection, would your doctor tell you to drink
lots of water or any ascorbic acid contained juice ?

Ahh never mind, here's a short test to be found at bottom page.
http://www.rnceus.com/ua/uaph.html

John

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
TDKozan

John Scheldroup wrote:
"TDKozan" wrote in message ...
John Scheldroup wrote:
. . .
[...]

Work with me here. Are you saying that a urinary tract infection is a
good thing? Or are you just thinking out loud?

First you post a link that would have the sucke^W readers believe that
keeping your body and urine alkaline is a "Good Thing" [tm] and then
you post one that repeats what I just told you, i.e. pH outside of a
narrow range, is a sign that things are wrong.

To put it simply: Snake oil and sweeping generalizations extracted
from a snippet of information taken out of context are both bad.

TK

--

"Not only does nature abhor a vacuum, you ought to see my cat's reaction."
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Scheldroup

"TDKozan" wrote in message ...
John Scheldroup wrote:

...I wonder why, has anyone ever explained why salt does that,..stops virus replicating ??

"Salt is an alkaline substance."

Now you know,
John

Just *which* salt are you talking about? Table salt, aka Sodium Chloride or NaCl? If so, you need to contact the school district
you graduated from High School in and ask for your parent's money back.

TK

TD, let me help you out with that.

http://www.ilpi.com/msds/ref/ph.html

Acidic - the pH is between zero and 7.0
Neutral - the pH is 7.0
Basic (also called alkaline) - the pH is between 7.0 and 14.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ne&redirect=no

In chemistry, an alkali is a specific type of base, formed as a carbonate, hydroxide or other ionic salt

A basic solution is defined as one that has a pH greater than 7.0.
Basic materials or solutions are sometimes called caustic or alkaline.

John

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Scheldroup

"TDKozan" wrote in message ...
John Scheldroup wrote:
"TDKozan" wrote in message ...
John Scheldroup wrote:
. . .
[...]

Nope, and I know more then you do. g

http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro...3602-2385r.htm

Chocolate traditionally is processed using heat and an alkaline treatment to
reduce the bitter taste in the cacao bean, but Masterfoods reduced the temperature
and cooking time and made other processing changes to retain the flavonoids in
its products, she says.

Flavonoids:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr...TF-8&scoring=d

Have fun got to run,

John

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
TDKozan

John Scheldroup wrote:
"TDKozan" wrote in message ...
John Scheldroup wrote:

[...]

No John, let me help /you/ out with this. A solution of common salt,
NaCl in water is pH 7. There are /other/ salts that form acidic or
basic solutions in water but when "salt" is discussed in a
non-technical forum such as these, it is assumed that NaCl is being
referred to.

If you can't grasp this most simple (oops, almost said "basic") of
concepts, you're a ****ing menace and I pity anyone that takes your
advice on chemistry or medicine.

TK

--

"Not only does nature abhor a vacuum, you ought to see my cat's reaction."
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
TDKozan

John Scheldroup wrote:
drekectomy
Have fun got to run,

John

Thank you, I will!

plonk

TK

--

"Not only does nature abhor a vacuum, you ought to see my cat's reaction."
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Scheldroup

"TDKozan" wrote in message ...
John Scheldroup wrote:

If you can't grasp this most simple (oops, almost said "basic") of concepts, you're a ****ing menace and I pity anyone that takes
your advice on chemistry or medicine.

Yeah ok, but right now I got two whole chopped of chicken bones simmering at
the kettle, so I guess I got my broth out of er anyway.

Bye,
John

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Wilcox

wrote:

Start taking massive doses of vitamin C - 1000-4000 mg per hour or more

This may be both unwise & unsafe.

I'm not so sure about 1-4g per *hour*, but Linus Pauling advocated and
practised megadosing on VitC (5g per day, I think) and he lived to the age
of ninety, so he might have been onto something!

Moses lived 120 years and spent 40 wandering lost in a desert.
QED Water is bad for you.

Noah lived 350 years after the flood.
QED Water is good for you.

That's just silly.

Isn't it the case that
the body can only process so many mg per hour anyway, and anything in
excess of this is simply excreted in the urine?

You could bottle it & sell it to the third world as a health product.

That's just nasty.

"Excess Vitamin C May Worsen Osteoarthritis"

Cite?

"Intakes of vitamin C above 100 mg do not result in an increase of ascorbic
acid levels."

That's just what *I* said. Question is, 100mg per what?

"Unabsorbed vitamin C continues into the lower bowel and causes watery stools
or diarrhea."

Cite?

Just curious,
Cheers,
Pete.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

wrote:

Start taking massive doses of vitamin C - 1000-4000 mg per hour or more

This may be both unwise & unsafe.

I'm not so sure about 1-4g per *hour*, but Linus Pauling advocated and
practised megadosing on VitC (5g per day, I think) and he lived to the age
of ninety, so he might have been onto something!

Moses lived 120 years and spent 40 wandering lost in a desert.
QED Water is bad for you.

Noah lived 350 years after the flood.
QED Water is good for you.

That's just silly.

Which bit?

Isn't it the case that
the body can only process so many mg per hour anyway, and anything in
excess of this is simply excreted in the urine?

You could bottle it & sell it to the third world as a health product.

That's just nasty.

It's also quite true. The average American excretes enough surplus
vitamins to save whole families in some nations.
Just condense, sterilize (without heat), package & ship ....

"Excess Vitamin C May Worsen Osteoarthritis"

Cite?

A search for the quote should find it or many.