Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
R.P.McMurphy

Default Newbie-commisioning new SS trim for an old car

Hi all, i would like to commission a local metal fabricator to reproduce
some gutter trim for an old car. Id like the trim to be about an inch and a
quarter wide, polished and then formedto the right shape, which is a little
like a letter 'J'

Am i likely to find some one who could do this? I don't mind purchasing
more than one, to offset tooling costs...they are sought after in plastic,
but stainless would last and look nicer.

I live near Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, England UK if by any chance someone on
here is local to me!

Many thanks!

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
digitalmaster

"R.P.McMurphy" wrote in message
Hi all, i would like to commission a local metal fabricator to reproduce
some gutter trim for an old car. Id like the trim to be about an inch and
a quarter wide, polished and then formedto the right shape, which is a
little like a letter 'J'

Am i likely to find some one who could do this? I don't mind purchasing
more than one, to offset tooling costs...they are sought after in plastic,
but stainless would last and look nicer.

I live near Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, England UK if by any chance someone
on here is local to me!

Many thanks!

Steve

it would be expensive but I am sure someone will be willing to do so.
I would check with your local sheetmetal workers or machinist union hall
they should be able to put you in touch with a local shop.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

there are shops that specialize in this - for example, GE metal
restoration in Santa Ana - not terribly expensive either, presuming
your car has some value

bill www.wbnoble.com

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:19:08 -0000, "R.P.McMurphy"
wrote:

Hi all, i would like to commission a local metal fabricator to reproduce
some gutter trim for an old car. Id like the trim to be about an inch and a
quarter wide, polished and then formedto the right shape, which is a little
like a letter 'J'

Am i likely to find some one who could do this? I don't mind purchasing
more than one, to offset tooling costs...they are sought after in plastic,
but stainless would last and look nicer.

I live near Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, England UK if by any chance someone on
here is local to me!

Many thanks!

Steve

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com