Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric Anderson

Default Drilling 500 holes in mild steel

I have to drill 500 holes with a #1 drill (0.2280 dia.) in mild steel
in cramped quarters on a truck. I will have to drill these holes
sitting and reaching out nearly arms length in front of me. It is very
tiresome to put the proper pressure on the drill.

I would like suggestions:

1. The best way to accurately position the drill (some kind of punch
to dimple the steel?)

2. A way to put the pressure on the drill without the stress of
applying all the pressure myself.

Thanks for any suggestions

Drilling holes Correcting mistakes in hole locations Fred Metalworking 31 October 18th 05 11:22 PM
Drilling strainless steel PAROADHOG Metalworking 10 November 28th 03 06:19 AM
Drilling Iron Richard J Kinch Metalworking 22 November 1st 03 01:46 PM
drilling steel? Dave UK diy 26 October 29th 03 03:03 PM
drilling steel? Dave Metalworking 29 October 29th 03 03:03 PM