Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tim

Default Another metalworking newsgroup

Here is a link to another metalworking newsgroup no off topics(no
cliff)
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...ultimatebb.cgi

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al

I tried registering about 10 times (using a different name config) and each
time it says that my "sign in" name is being used by someone else.
Impossible.... something is wrong with the system!

"tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here is a link to another metalworking newsgroup no off topics(no
cliff)
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...ultimatebb.cgi

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Al" wrote in message
I tried registering about 10 times (using a different name config) and each
time it says that my "sign in" name is being used by someone else.
Impossible.... something is wrong with the system!

You dolt! Don't you know you have to use your social security number and
your VISA card number at that site to sign in.

Sheesh!

Steve ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Al wrote:
I tried registering about 10 times (using a different name config) and each
time it says that my "sign in" name is being used by someone else.
Impossible.... something is wrong with the system!

"tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here is a link to another metalworking newsgroup no off topics(no
cliff)
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...ultimatebb.cgi

I go there every day, good site.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Engelhardt

tim wrote:
Here is a link to another metalworking newsgroup ...

Except it's not a "newsgroup", it's a web site. Nit picking, you say?
There are real differences, the major one being it's not archived by
Google. So using Google Groups for searching won't find the sites
posts, and there's the uncertainty about the longevity of the site.

Bob