DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Another metalworking newsgroup (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/144295-another-metalworking-newsgroup.html)

tim February 11th 06 11:32 AM

Another metalworking newsgroup

Here is a link to another metalworking newsgroup no off topics(no
cliff)
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...ultimatebb.cgi

Al February 11th 06 02:31 PM

Another metalworking newsgroup

I tried registering about 10 times (using a different name config) and each
time it says that my "sign in" name is being used by someone else.
Impossible.... something is wrong with the system!

oups.com...

Steve B February 12th 06 05:39 AM

"Al" wrote in message
I tried registering about 10 times (using a different name config) and each
time it says that my "sign in" name is being used by someone else.
Impossible.... something is wrong with the system!

You dolt! Don't you know you have to use your social security number and
your VISA card number at that site to sign in.

Sheesh!

Steve ;-)

Rex B February 13th 06 04:22 PM

Al wrote:
I tried registering about 10 times (using a different name config) and each
time it says that my "sign in" name is being used by someone else.
Impossible.... something is wrong with the system!

"tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here is a link to another metalworking newsgroup no off topics(no
cliff)
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...ultimatebb.cgi

I go there every day, good site.

Bob Engelhardt February 13th 06 08:07 PM

tim wrote:
Here is a link to another metalworking newsgroup ...

Except it's not a "newsgroup", it's a web site. Nit picking, you say?
There are real differences, the major one being it's not archived by
Google. So using Google Groups for searching won't find the sites
posts, and there's the uncertainty about the longevity of the site.

Bob